PCMCIA cards

Posted by: Palli

PCMCIA cards - 06/10/99 04:36 AM

Does anyone know if any synthesizers from manufacturures other than Alesis use the same FlashRAM cards as Alesis synths? The Alesis dealer here doesn't carry them and I'm wondering if there would be any sense in checking some other dealerships.
Posted by: scot

Re: PCMCIA cards - 06/10/99 03:58 PM

I think that what you may be talking about are the Flash ROM cards available in PCMCIA format. You can usually get them for around $100.00. You should check online as a lot of people carry them. Check out Kraft Music.
www.kraftmusic.com

I hope that helps!
Posted by: Palli

Re: PCMCIA cards - 06/11/99 06:21 AM

Well, no. I do mean Flash RAM cards. Blank, writable RAM cards. I checked the Kraft page and didnīt see anything indicating that they carry them. The reason I'm wondering if other synths use the same cards is so that I might be able to buy them from another dealer here in Iceland. I called the Roland dealer, he said that he has some but he didn't know if they were the same type and they're a bit too expensive to buy one and just check. If I order them myself from some company abroad, the shipping charges are outrageous (about 40 USD.) So I might be able to get them slightly cheaper if I find someone here who carries them.
Posted by: WS

Re: PCMCIA cards - 06/15/99 11:18 AM

I don't know if any other manufacturer's Ram cards will work but have you e-mailed Alesis? They may sell you one or send it to your local dealer. I can't believe the dealer won't order one for you but some are like that. Maybe if you offered to prepay it would help.
Posted by: cmoussea

Re: PCMCIA cards - 03/07/00 12:51 PM

Go to pretec.com.
I know they sell cheaper ROM card than AMD
(alesis). I bought one.
Not sure about Ram cards...
Posted by: corester

Re: PCMCIA cards - 04/05/00 05:52 AM

That's where I got my card from
Posted by: ricok987

Re: PCMCIA cards - 05/19/00 07:29 AM

I also Bought a card from Pretec with no problem.