DM pro OMS factory names

Posted by: mattio

DM pro OMS factory names - 11/03/99 06:15 PM

has anyone created or found a file of OMS factory names (or a Galaxy module) for the DM pro???
please, help me!
Posted by: morphyx

Re: DM pro OMS factory names - 11/24/99 10:12 PM

I m sorry I cant help you but would like to ask you a question. I played with the DMpro last week and thought it was an awsome drum kit! However, I didnt like the fact that to change kits, you have to press a button and then it loads. Is this true when choosing a kit with a midi sequencer? In other words,..if a sequence was playing from Cubase using the 'pro kit' and you send a midi patch change command,to play 'techno kit', will it change patches or do you have to press the button? thanks...morphyx
Posted by: mattio

Re: DM pro OMS factory names - 11/28/99 05:39 PM

Hi Morphyx,
in the DMpro you can load a new drumkit (from 'ProKit' to 'TechnoKit') using a bank program change as you usually do on a synth - you don't have to press any button (you virtually press it by sending a MIDI message). You can use only one drumkit at a time (due to their big dimensions), you can't play drums from different drumkits at a time - it is ok for live drummers but quite annoying in the studio. As I totally dislike DMpro factory drumkits, I had to build my own drumkits (but I must admit it is a quite fast process, and editing of new sounds is very good). Changing drumkits is quite slow - it takes about 2 s to load the whole drumkit and you can't play until it's fully loaded. If you have to play sequences (or sounds/samples you put directly on the PCMCIA card via MIDI by SoundBridge software enclosed with DMpro...), you can trigger them from the card by midi or by audio triggers. Bye