Mediastation not booting

Posted by: Pearlss1977

Mediastation not booting - 08/02/10 05:56 PM

Hi Guys

I just opened up the box of the mediastation and tried to power on. I pressed the power button and nothing happened, so i pressed Run and the Asrock man showed up and then... this is what i get. I cant get passed that screen.

"Cd Rom Boot priority...No medium
Reboot and select Boot Device
or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

Any help will be great!
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/02/10 07:12 PM

Here are instructions from Lionstracs website..I do not know what OS version you have , but check out the options with the VLC player (last paragraph)..this is necessary to do the first time so the OS can boot up properly...

For install the new OS 4.3-Kubuntu 9.10 on old software OS 3.x, the Hard disk MUST be formatted! The Home directory contain the all KDE3 setups NOT anymore compatible with the new KDE-4 Kubuntu 9.10!

HOW TO INSTALL THE NEW OS 4.3.
KEEP DATA MODE: ( for user that already have installed the OS 4.X)
Insert the CD disk or the special formatted USB memory stick and booting the Mediastation/GROOVE ( need to be connected a PS2 keyboard)
the Ubuntu installer will display two choice: KEEP DATA and FORMAT MODE, select the KEEP DATA and press ENTER on keyboard.
When the installation is complete, the system will eject the CD disk/USB stick.
Remove the CD/USB Stick.
Reboot the GROOVE ( or Mediastation) and enjoy the new OS 4.3.
FORMAT MODE: ( first time OS 4.3 installation)
Format mode can be a simple way to running the all LIONSTRACS system features just after formatted the HD and installed the 2 basic library.
Format mode will include the new Presets folder, VST Library folder and Qstyles folder.
After the format HD mode, when the GROOVE is running again, extract the missing library:
Wine Backup folder where the all ASIO host are linked on Presets system
GIGA SoundbankGM2V4.rar, for use the giga styles, Midiplayers and basic GIGA GM sounds of the sampler.
After the two library are installed, just restart the Players system and enjoy your new OS 4.3.

First time VLC Player PRIVACY AND NETWORK POLICIES Setting:

The first time running the new OS 4.3, NEED to activate the VLC Privacy and Network Policies. ( do not need to be connected in Internet). After installed the new ISO 4.3 under Format mode and KEEP data mode, the LIONSTRACS OS start to loading the all basic application and also our new VLC Player API engine. Without the first time VLC running setting, the LIONSTRACS OS will crash automatically, because the VLC engine is NOT setup.

Open a new empty Desktop, under the KDE menu,>Multimedia>VLC player, run manually the VLC player and will automatically display the Privacy and Network Policies, beolow the Image message:

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/02/10 08:08 PM

Hi Fran

The mediastation that i bought from Dom, was the one he sent out to Stephen Fortner from keyboard magazine.
He had it for a few months until i bought it.
Im assuming that while he had it, it was running, not sure which os it has though since i cant get in.
I would like to use it, hear it, etc...
In order to load the current os some hardware needs to be upgraded, which i do have- but i wanna see what this baby can do b4 i upgrade everything.
Is their any kind of Cd-DVD thats needed to boot this thing?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Pearlss1977 (edited 08-02-2010).]

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/02/10 09:21 PM

Depending on what video card you have installed..I can send you a link to download the OS 4.3 version 1990...but your best action would be to contact Dom..

I will mention your problem to Dom..but follow up with him as soon as you can..

If Fortner was using it ..it must have been boot-able..this makes me think..it may be something else...Fran

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/02/10 09:24 PM

Maybe the latest OS was installed and you need to follow the instructions I posted ..last paragraph...

Give it a try..because that is exactly how my MS acted untill I followed instructions..

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/02/10 09:26 PM

I see you live in Ocean County, NJ..Email me with your address..I don't live far from you..Bucks County , Pa..but I work in the Wildwood area..
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/02/10 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I see you live in Ocean County, NJ..Email me with your address..I don't live far from you..Bucks County , Pa..but I work in the Wildwood area..

Fran,

This will be interesting, to see how fast this chap is up and running, after all it is a secondhand KB, you should expect some fun if it's not new out the box.But so much is now expected of Dom, see if it all kicks in. If it went back to the factory it should have been tested before it went out to the new man, hope for his sake MS is not on holiday until Sept like Ketron. Kick one and they all limp!!!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 08-02-2010).]

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/02/10 10:40 PM

Fran

Sent u an email.
Posted by: abacus

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/03/10 12:00 AM

Hi Pearlss1977
1. Press delete when the first screen appears to go into the Bios
2. Go into Advanced Bios settings screen and change the 1st boot device from DVD/CD to HDD
3. Press F10, make sure Y is flashing and then press enter
4. It should bow boot up the system (Providing nobody has been fiddling about with the software or wiped the HDD)
Hope this helps

Bill
Posted by: LIONSTRACS

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/03/10 12:54 AM

Ciao David
I have also reply on lionstracs forum: http://www.lionstracs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54&p=127#p127

First look on asrock Bios IF the Hard disk is display, just press the F11 key on PS2 qverty keyboard, must shown the all drivers connected.
IF no one HD is displayed, the MS will never booting..
Open on bottom the HD and check if the powercord and sata cable are connected OR then open the MS panel and check this cables too ( maybe they have changed the HD...)

First have to booting from the HD and then if all is working again, start to upgrade the hardware.
let me know...you have also my skype ID if you need online help
domenico

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/03/10 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Ciao David
I have also reply on lionstracs forum: http://www.lionstracs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54&p=127#p127

First look on asrock Bios IF the Hard disk is display, just press the F11 key on PS2 qverty keyboard, must shown the all drivers connected.
IF no one HD is displayed, the MS will never booting..
Open on bottom the HD and check if the powercord and sata cable are connected OR then open the MS panel and check this cables too ( maybe they have changed the HD...)

First have to booting from the HD and then if all is working again, start to upgrade the hardware.
let me know...you have also my skype ID if you need online help
domenico

Hell guys this is like the HAL9000 computer in 2001 A Space Odyssey, it's a bloddy Keyboard, even the Audya plays first time switch on. Come on I am timing this, he needs it running in hours not days. Should it have been sent to him in this state.

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/03/10 01:00 PM

Tony..
This MS was on Stephen hands for many months, he posted also some nice videos with famous USA musicians, it mean that there the in LA the MS was working...

I dont know how stephen have returned back to David and what they made on the hard disk.

IF the MS is running, shown on display the Asrock Bios logo, the 2 MUTE Xrl Outs LED keys are RED ON, mean that the hardware system work.
Need now only to understand why the Mainboard will not reconize the Sata Hard disk and for that can never booting.
This is not my OS fault, for sure is some HD cables disconnected.
this is a standard PC hardware issue, nothing to do with the lionstracs Hardware and software.
Remember also that on MS/Groove you can buy where you like one standard 3.5" Sata HD, for less 30USD if you want and restore the OS in less 10 minute! ( just look the video demos)

How much will you cost to change the HD from audya and install the basic OS? http://www.ketron.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=209&Itemid=20&lang=eng

In 3 hour and 30 minute....I can prepare 5-6 HD on groove with installed 60Gb of data...

Your friend Perry from UK already buy the groove X-7 black too..just ask him.

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/03/10 03:25 PM

Hi Dom, Fran, Bill

Im happy to report Mediastation is working. I connected the computer keyboard to the MS and hit F11 and booted from samsung hard disk.

The keyboard is working.
Nothing is wrong with it, it must have been set to boot from cd/dvd drive.

The sound quality is amazing, ive messed around with it for about an hour, this keyboard will keep me busy for a long time.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/03/10 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearlss1977:
Hi Dom, Fran, Bill

Im happy to report Mediastation is working. I connected the computer keyboard to the MS and hit F11 and booted from samsung hard disk.

The keyboard is working.

The sound quality is amazing, ive messed around with it for about an hour, this keyboard will keep me busy for a long time.

Thanks for the help.

Good news David! compliments that you made it working again. ( I was sure that you made working it.. )
Tony..the MS-HAL9000 work on 2010 too..
Now just the new VGA card to insert and to install the new OS 4.3rev 2000... you have the last generation keyboard too.

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/03/10 04:09 PM

Dom

How do i get access on your website, do i need special login info?

I have all the parts already to do the upgrade i will like to switch the main board- i have the 770 extreme 3. Pretty cool to have USB 3 on a keyboard.

Please let me know, u have my email or on ur forum.
Thanks

Re: Mediastation not booting - 08/03/10 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pearlss1977:
Hi Dom, Fran, Bill

The keyboard is working.

Thanks for the help.

Great news, I am glad to see you got it working, this is a good sign and speedy too, good luck with your MS, I am still looking at it.

Tony