whats the new release date for 4.3?

Posted by: miden

whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/09/10 01:08 PM

Domenico, I see from its absence, OS 4.3 is not yet ready.

No problem at all, but can you advise an new possible date for its release?

Thanks

Dennis
Posted by: LIONSTRACS

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/09/10 01:19 PM

OS 4.3 was ready on my groove developemnt box from last friday.
Monday 64studio started the new ISO building

mediastation-apps (4.3.1974) 64studio; urgency=low

* New release
-- Free Ekanayaka Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:04:00 +0100

The special VLC version engine that we have developed not work/compile right on 64studio server and every restart make crash the double video players.

We are still here debug the debian package on SVN server.
When this last package is working, I uploading the OS 4.3 on webstore and then you can download.
Maybe for tomorrow evening is ready online.
Just some patience, better release all working than a crash when you run up a video.

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/09/10 01:38 PM

I dont have nothing to hide on my propietary OS...we are still waiting that someone is able to clone 5 years of code...
Maybe someone there remember that I have released 6 months ago the all source code of the qranger...and still this good linux developer is not able to make running
without my hardware can NEVER work my software, this is my KEY protection.

Here you can see the all new features/bugfix we made in around 15 days.

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/09/10 01:45 PM

Wow, thats some serious work..

As I said Domenico, no problems at all. I was just curious

I totally agree, it is far better to wait some days (or longer if necessary), and have it stable than get it early and continually have it crash

Take your time, no rush from me
Posted by: AFG Music

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/09/10 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
[B]I dont have nothing to hide on my propietary OS...we are still waiting that someone is able to clone 5 years of code...
Maybe someone there remember that I have released 6 months ago the all source code of the qranger...and still this good linux developer is not able to make running
without my hardware can NEVER work my software, this is my KEY protection.

Here you can see the all new features/bugfix we made in around 15 days.

We already know that you're good PCB designer, you also protect your software well as you say it works only with your hardware. I tried Wubi installer with your O.S to install on my laptop, after installation it will not work because I have and ATI video card, also it is also user name and password protected and the O.S also looking for other MS parts. So that does not work.
i installed a clean normal kubuntu with wubi installer and i used qranger editor.deb and other files for qranger from O.S ISO, result i am able to run qranger editor on my laptop So you must think of something to protect qranger editor.so the only thing you can use is qranger editor.qranger style player works with API code that can only be used with MS hardware.

I have found a worse leak on gFTP so please contact me.

and Domenico, VLC media player is very good media player.........

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 06-09-2010).]

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/09/10 02:11 PM

AFG thats good detective work

Clever that you found how to run Qranger on the PC. I would like to do it too, except I am running Windows 7, so not possible here.

Although with my big external screen, editing is NO problem at all

I have even modified an old music stand and re-engineered the bracket on the rear of the monitor so I can even take it out to gigs if I need to

Its a bit big, so would only be for those gigs where I do backing for vocalists.

The gFTP leak would be the most worrying one though. Good you found it.

Dennis

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/09/10 02:17 PM

Dennis only Qranger Editor, but Qranger Style Player works with API code,so for player you need MS hardware.

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/09/10 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
Dennis only Qranger Editor, but Qranger Style Player works with API code,so for player you need MS hardware.

Yeah, I already knew that

I was just complimenting you on your detective work, and your willingness to experiment

Dennis

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/09/10 02:42 PM

thanks Dennis

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/11/10 09:19 AM

ISO OS 4.3rev1977 is fixed..
The all issue was caused from the special LVC server...the first time running is serch for the network and will not update the conf file, for that then my OS crashed.
Now copied the first time configuration file and added on the new ISO.
Tomorrow morning 64studio burn the ISO and then I upload on server.
Sunday you can enjoy it.
sorry for the delay.

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/11/10 01:00 PM

Thanks for the update Domenico.

And truly...NO apology necessary!! Really.

We all appreciate the hard work you do for us, so whenever it's ready will be just fine

Dennis
Posted by: Nedim

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/12/10 09:52 AM

Denis...i think we should raise the issue of being abble to DONGLE KEY activate softwares
with MS as EWQL software and others, as i know of you cant activate using Dongle Keys/ILocks.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/12/10 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Denis...i think we should raise the issue of being abble to DONGLE KEY activate softwares
with MS as EWQL software and others, as i know of you cant activate using Dongle Keys/ILocks.

More and more top VST;'s use these dongles...

I sure hope that Dom finds a way to use all these kinds of windows based security feautures in a Linux environment.

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/12/10 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:

Hi Nedim,

Yes I totally agree. As you may remember it was the ONLY reason I did not buy Goliath.

BUT, I don't think the issue lies with Lionstracs, rather the manufacturers of the dongles and the dongle software, iLok is one that comes to mind. And is becoming almost the "industry standard" dongle device.

They have NO intention of porting to Linux at any time soon. That was a reply to a question I received from them.

So until the dongle makers decide to allow their devices to work on Linux, I do not think Domenico or Lionstracs (or 64 Studio) can do much at all

Dennis
Posted by: Nedim

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/12/10 07:24 PM

I am happy that i still own the original licenses to Kontakt 2 and Collossus...i can just
install them and then do internet Activation, i asked NI and it will work.

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/13/10 02:41 AM

For your know, the OS 4.3 is ready for download.
Please READ the info on OPTION page.
Enjoy

Re: whats the new release date for 4.3? - 06/13/10 11:52 AM

Thanks Domenico

Dennis