Configure Wine with native windows .dll

Posted by: LIONSTRACS

Configure Wine with native windows .dll - 04/28/10 01:33 PM

Maybe this link can help there someone for setup better wine compatibility with some special windows application.
http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/config-wine-main

If you google you can find some more info about the Wineasio, someone there have just copied some native .dll files and they get better performace.

You have there my basci .wine backup file, you can just try to test, loading the missing .dll files and test.

IF someone there find some nice .dll to include, for a better performance, let me know that I will also include on the .wine backup library.
Posted by: miden

Re: Configure Wine with native windows .dll - 04/28/10 01:55 PM

Thanks for the link Dom.

Teriffic pickup

Dennis
Posted by: Jick Duck

Re: Configure Wine with native windows .dll - 04/28/10 02:18 PM

I copied these 3 files:
MSGHOO32.OCX REGSVR32.EXE and mfc40.dll to wine's windows /system 32 directory. Then you open a terminal and type
'wine regsrv32.exe MSGHOO32.OCX' (with the marks). Now I can install and run One Man Band on Linux (64 studio) under Wine. However, CPU performance is less than in native Wnidows XP. Maybe Jos Mass can compile OMB for Linux so that we get better performance. By the way, I don't have a Mediastation. I'm runing linux (64 Studio)on my laptop, But since the Mediastation OS is based on 64 Studio, I think the above should work.

Jick

[This message has been edited by Jick Duck (edited 04-28-2010).]