Linux arranger software

Posted by: doc-z

Linux arranger software - 10/08/06 11:57 AM

Is there any realtime arranger software available for linux?

Doc-Z
Posted by: abacus

Re: Linux arranger software - 10/27/06 12:08 AM

Here is a post by Rikki that might interest you. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum43/HTML/000057.html

Enjoy whatever you play

Bill
Posted by: Jos Maas

Re: Linux arranger software - 05/12/16 11:26 AM

http://www.1manband.nl/omb/index.htm
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Linux arranger software - 05/12/16 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Jos Maas

I recently upgraded from 1 man band original 10.1 to version 11..
I don't know why I waited..It is built new from the ground up..great features and runs smooth..I use a vst pc80 Roland soft synth, instead of the included jm synth..
I understand the Linux version is the same layout.
You will be happy,and reasonably priced..
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: Linux arranger software - 04/25/18 01:55 PM

Hi All:

Doc... I'm unaware of anything suitable as an Arranger for Linux yet. I began using Linux Mint about six months ago and am pleased with it's GUI interface and features. I believe we will be seeing a mass migration to that platform as time goes by.

Joe... by providing your link to 1MB I had hoped you were geared up for Linux (particularly Mint) but did not see any references to Linux. Are you considering that platform... or did I miss something?

Fran... thanks for the information regarding version 11.

Can't afford a Genos but sure like what I'm hearing.

Regards, ----Dave Rice
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Linux arranger software - 04/25/18 03:32 PM

Dave, I use 12.1 now.
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: Linux arranger software - 04/27/18 05:10 AM

Thanks, Fran:

I suppose change is inevitable and, like many others, I am always interested in finding creative and ultimately, less expensive ways to create songs. So far, nothing beats the Yamaha line of Arranger Keyboards for me... for that purpose. Up until the S970... most of the board layouts were similar enough to allow migration from the previous model to the new unit. Then the Genos (totally unaffordable for me to really justify) comes on scene and many parts of the layout look a bit alien to me. I'm sure I could make the transition if one landed at my doorstep... LOL!

Sciatica and numbing fingers prevent falling back to the relative simplicity of a guitar. The arranger makes all that easier for me.

Have a great weekend.

----Dave (not to be confused with Uncle Dave)
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: Linux arranger software - 06/27/18 02:27 AM

Doc-z, have you tried using omb version 11 in Linux through WINE ( Wine Is Not an Emulator) to run Windows Applications?

Allan