Using a Yamaha Soundcard with OMB

Posted by: Musikman4Christ

Using a Yamaha Soundcard with OMB - 10/30/06 03:41 PM

Hey guys,

I have been out of the arranger world for a while now ever since I sold my keyboards and went full software.

I have now ableton and I think it really shows a lot of promise. but sometimes when I just wanna have some fun playing. I want to use One man band again, but I want to either use Soundfonts or buy an inexpensive Yamaha soundcard. Which do you think would work best.

If I get the soundcard, do you guys think it will get in the way of using my pro sound card that I use for recording?

Thanks in advance guys...

------------------
Peace,

Musikman
Email:
Musikman4Christ@yahoo.com
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Using a Yamaha Soundcard with OMB - 10/31/06 01:21 AM

Rikki's out of town,but I think she knows the answer,as she has OMB.

Personally, I use SGM180 soundfont and an Echo Indigo card,but I am GM oriented,not Yamaha as far as mapping is conscerned. On my pc, I have the Creative X-Fi. Excellent sound.

Bernie
Posted by: Musikman4Christ

Re: Using a Yamaha Soundcard with OMB - 10/31/06 07:44 AM

Thanks man, I downloaded the SGM180 soundfont yesterday at home and it really made a difference in sound quality compared to the default GM soundfont that comes with Synthfont. I really liked it. I guess I might not have to get a soundcard after all.
What I have to do now is get a GM soundfont for the drums of more quality. Do you know of any?

------------------
Peace,

Musikman
Email:
Musikman4Christ@yahoo.com
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Using a Yamaha Soundcard with OMB - 11/01/06 01:32 AM

There are many but, this one is always included in the lists. http://www.sf2midi.com/

Rikki has a better list she posted here. A search will bring it up
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Using a Yamaha Soundcard with OMB - 11/09/06 08:09 PM

Hi Musikman,
just got back from vacation.
I think I mentioned a few of the ones I currently have in this post. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum43/HTML/000026.html
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Musikman4Christ:
[B]