Right voice plays left of split point in OMB

Posted by: Starkeeper

Right voice plays left of split point in OMB - 07/18/06 05:53 AM

When I tried using the lead voices in SGM180 using OMB, the lead voices sound every time I change chords in my left hand. I am in full fingered mode, not full keyboard mode.
I had this problem in the past as well, but since I was using the lead voices from my Roland keyboard, I just turned the melody voices completely down in OMB. Any ideas?
Starkeeper
Posted by: abacus

Re: Right voice plays left of split point in OMB - 07/18/06 07:45 AM

Hello Starkeeper
1. Make sure you have the right hand voices of OMB set to receive on the channel that is being put out by the right side of your keyboard. (It may be set to receive on all channels)
2. Make sure that the send channel on the left hand side of the keyboard is not the same as the right hand side.
Hope this helps.

Bill
Posted by: cajun100

Re: Right voice plays left of split point in OMB - 07/18/06 01:10 PM

abacus:

I am having the exact same problem. Now I figured out how to mod or mute the left hand voices in OMB ITSELF -- for instance, by simply not enabling the "left hand" Voice 3 and 4 settings. Easy enough.

But what if one is using add-on voices (say from a VST plugin, soundfont, etc.)? If I use a grand piano sample via Forte/LiveSynth for example -- I get the left hand chords in OMB no matter what I set for voices in the program.

Can I set the split differently and silence the left hand in the host itself? Is that what you are referring to above? I am new to all this electronics stuff, forgive the lack of basic knowledge.

Re: Right voice plays left of split point in OMB - 07/18/06 02:43 PM

Hi cajun100
If you open up the tools menu in your VST Host, (If you only use one VST then it becomes its own Host) you will find a menu item relating to midi and/or input, if you open this up you will find all the midi connections that are available on your computer, make sure only the one that relates to OMB is selected. (If you have others selected then the VST Host will receive information from those as well)
As a general rule of thumb, (For most use) set OMB to receive only information from your controller, then set your VST Host to only receive information from OMB.
Hope this helps.

Bill

Re: Right voice plays left of split point in OMB - 07/19/06 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hello Starkeeper
1. Make sure you have the right hand voices of OMB set to receive on the channel that is being put out by the right side of your keyboard. (It may be set to receive on all channels)
2. Make sure that the send channel on the left hand side of the keyboard is not the same as the right hand side.
Hope this helps.

Bill

1. How do I do this?
2. Is it absolutely necessary to have a different channel for the left hand? If this is so, then I can't use my Roland arranger as a controller keyboard. My Roland does something funky when I put it into Ogan mode (split mode). The notes on the left channel rise up, to C5 (I think).

Either the split point (set in OMB) should work or transmitting on two different channels should work.
Starkeeper

Re: Right voice plays left of split point in OMB - 07/19/06 02:11 PM

Hi Starkeeper
1. Go to settings and make sure that Chord fingering is set to Full Fingered.
2. Go to Settings and select user interface, the Chord Channel, the range of notes used for Chord recognition and the Keyboard Split Point, can all be set from there.
Hope this helps.

Bill

Re: Right voice plays left of split point in OMB - 07/24/06 07:44 AM

Live Styler does not have this problem. I tested Live Styler this weekend and it does NOT play the right voice in the left hand. The left and right voices are in different channels. Live Styler also can host vst now. Might move to Live Styler instead of OMB.
Starkeeper