BIAB Real Drums

Posted by: cajun100

BIAB Real Drums - 05/16/07 09:02 AM

Rikki and other BIAB faithful:
Your opinion on the new BIAB 2007 and the latest "Real Drums" feature? I just added RD setts 4 and 5 to my 2007 main program and I admit to being quite impressed.

And another question to anyone: have you tried out or heard anything about THIS little gadget that permits remote BIAB program changes? If it works as advertised I can see yet another way to use BIAB more closely as an arranger/live performance setup.
http://www.pgmusic.com/tranzport.htm
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: BIAB Real Drums - 05/16/07 03:00 PM

Hi Cajun,
I haven't had a chance to check out the latest drum sets ( I've been busy with my stylemaking group, I'm going thru a stylemaking phase at the moment haahaa) though I did read about the new drums. THe notice I received announced the new version 12 Powertracks plus the drums. I get the impression these audio drums now work with PT12.
I liked the first sets I received with my mega pack upgrade, are the new ones just as good, & are they different to the existing ones.

The remote gadget, I've read about it. Quite interesting, but at this stage I don't own one, so can't really help.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cajun100:
[b]Rikki and other BIAB faithful:

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 05-16-2007).]

Re: BIAB Real Drums - 05/17/07 10:19 AM

The Real Drums are quite interesting, I have to modulate volume here and there (too "punchy"), but I LOVE the random beats. It's the sameness of rhythm loops that is driving me away from arrangers (that I can/will afford) and more to digital sounds and controls. There are a lot of really nice piano comps and styles available now worldwide -- lots of BIAB renditions of popular and some classical stuff.

Pgmusic appears to have a lot of good response to their latest upgrades. And yes, PT 12 does include provision for real drums and they can be edited, track by track.

At the moment I am using the BIAB "conductor" commands to handle playing elements of any style/song. I am almost through getting the commands worked into my MIDI keyboard. Then -- lookout.

That remote for BIAB is fascinating. I might get one on a trial if I can.

Re: BIAB Real Drums - 05/17/07 02:31 PM

Hi Cajun,
what do you mean edited track by track.

Are the drum instruments split into individual tracks, or is that wishful thinking on my behalf again. haa haa

best wishes
Rikki
[B]

Pgmusic appears to have a lot of good response to their latest upgrades. And yes, PT 12 does include provision for real drums and they can be edited, track by track.

Re: BIAB Real Drums - 05/21/07 08:51 AM

Nah, rikki --
I was just referring to the ability to substitute the "Real Drums" as the drum track in a file under edit.

Right now I think the biggest benefit to me of the latest BIAB is to play via my laptop/speaker setup the backing tracks, and lead parts (or piano comping) through my old but still very nice PSR9000 adjacent. When I want to fool around with sampled lead parts, I switch to my MIDI keyboard, connection for which to PC is far less bother.

With "Real Drums" I am finding all this more fun than with the same old arranger rhythm loops and fills.

Re: BIAB Real Drums - 06/06/07 04:07 PM

Hi Cajun,
just upgraded to Powertracks 12 & got the new drums ( 4&5) as part of a megapak deal.
Haven't had a chance to try them yet.
I ended up with faulty 5b & 5c sets. Something may have gone wrong in the download.
I'll have to download them again ( yuk).
PT 12 looks pretty awesome, the fact that the drums are now useable in it also.

best wishes
Rikki

[B]