Where to search for libraries of MIDI files?

Posted by: Sherwood

Where to search for libraries of MIDI files? - 02/28/03 08:23 PM

I have a home recording studio with ProTools HD. I use a Kurzweil K2600 for drum, bass, and keyboard tracks, and I mic vocals and guitars. I create MIDI tracks in ProTools, then sequence with ProTools and record the K2600 audio output into audio tracks.

I have numerous CD-ROMs of Programs for the K2600, so I have a good variety of sounds available from the K2600. But what I lack are libraries of grooves in MIDI format. I only have Drumtrax 3.0 for drums, and I have no libraries for bass. Drumtrax is terrific; I can easily import the desired MIDI files into a ProTools session and then modify as needed.

Where are the best sites for locating available MIDI files for drums, bass, and keyboards?

Thanks,
Sherwood
Posted by: DanO1

Re: Where to search for libraries of MIDI files? - 03/03/03 07:23 PM

Have you tried TWIDDY BITS ?

the midi dr. in baltimore

------------------
Piano Man's Keyboard City
624 Frederick Rd .
Catonsville Md. 21228
410 747 0200
danosmusic@yahoo.com or keyboardcity@yahoo.com

Re: Where to search for libraries of MIDI files? - 03/03/03 09:21 PM

Dan
I was pointed to this site yesterday at another forum. I have already ordered 9 CDs from them. Excellent site!

Is there ANY other site offering similar products? I haven't found any. All the others I have been to are offering MIDI files of individual songs....many of them not very realistic sounding.
Thanks,
Mike
Posted by: kaboombahchuck

Re: Where to search for libraries of MIDI files? - 03/04/03 01:02 AM

On the main page, on the right side, there is a box titled resorsed (or something like that), you will notice a link titled midi files. Tons of resorses there.

[This message has been edited by kaboombahchuck (edited 03-04-2003).]
Posted by: maddsax

Re: Where to search for libraries of MIDI files? - 03/16/03 07:21 PM

You're in luck. go to www.brockselectric.com
Then click on the picture of me. Then you will see to the left,a link to all my midi stuff. I have more than you could ever use in a day.More offline too! Anyway, drum loops and bass loops and hi-hat loops and whole songs and SVQ Songs . Enough said Enjoy,Maddsax signing out!

Re: Where to search for libraries of MIDI files? - 03/16/03 07:37 PM

Maddsax,
Thanks!
Mike