MIDI file made on a Kawai CP 175 doesn't produce sound on my computer-

Posted by: Riva#1

MIDI file made on a Kawai CP 175 doesn't produce sound on my computer- - 05/28/06 11:52 AM

While trying to create a MIDI formated file from a Kawai digital piano CP175, the file did not play music in another synth. or thru my computer's sound card. Though, I could see the actual music score so I know that something is there. Anyone have an idea what is going on?
Posted by: benney

Re: MIDI file made on a Kawai CP 175 doesn't produce sound on my computer- - 07/13/06 07:59 AM

I'm sure that you understand that MIDI on its own cannot be heard. To hear the MIDI file you need to have your MIDI player routed to the input of your Piano or routed to a PC audio synth. There several options you can can take.
1, Route the PC's MIDI output to your piano and then route the audio output of your piano to a recording device (either external hardware or internal software.
2, Download the MIDI file to your PC and then open it up within a MIDI compatible software package which has the ability to render the audio via either VST's or DXi's (or both). This does mean that you will not actually use the audio from yur piano but and software version of a similar sound.
I hope this helps you out a little and if you need any further help just ask or email me.

------------------
Have fun in life.
benney
Posted by: Nigel

Re: MIDI file made on a Kawai CP 175 doesn't produce sound on my computer- - 07/14/06 10:47 AM

As long as your computer soundcard has a GM synth onboard you should be able to hear something even if it is not the exactly the same sound as the Kawai. For example you should be able to assign the Kawai piano part to the piano patch on your computer's GM sound set. It is a little odd you heard nothing. Try reassigning the patch in the MIDI file on your computer to see if that starts producing some audio when you play it back.