AKAI S2000 Boot Disk?

Posted by: Anonymous

AKAI S2000 Boot Disk? - 08/12/05 05:30 AM

Hi All

I have an AKAI S2000 but my system disk has become corrupted and no longer boots up my machine. I have downloaded the systen software from the AKAi site which self extratc onto a floppy. However this still doesn't boot the machine. I have tried to you OSmaker as well but will not work on a XP NT 2000 Etc machine. Has anybody got any ideas. AKAI help were no help and I am now at the point of throwing my S2000 out of the window as its sole purpose in life now seems to be as a great big paperweight.

Anything considered at this stage.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Fish
Posted by: abacus

Re: AKAI S2000 Boot Disk? - 08/12/05 06:24 AM

Hi Fish
Have you tried using the OSMaker on XP, in compatibility mode, using 95, 98 or Me settings.
It may work.
Another thought, are you sure the disc is corrupted, it may be the drive that’s faulty, (They don’t last forever) or indeed it might just need a head cleaner running through it.
Hope this helps.

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 08-12-2005).]

Re: AKAI S2000 Boot Disk? - 08/12/05 01:44 PM

Hi Bill.

Drive is fine. It was a toddlers jam sandwich which knackered the disk (disk not been in drive though). Have had a very useful email from "Icecool" giving good insructions about running OSmaker in DOS so will try that when I get my hands on a old 95 or 98 machine. Their a bit few anf far between these days though. Will post how it goes.
Thanks for your suggestion though.
Posted by: abacus

Re: AKAI S2000 Boot Disk? - 08/12/05 04:05 PM

Hi Fish, Try This
Insert a Blank floppy in the drive, Double click My computer (or Start, My computer), Right click the Floppy drive and choose Format, check the box marked create MS-DOS start-up disk and press ok.
When completed, if there is room, copy the Osmaker program to the floppy, if no room copy to another blank disk.
Leave or insert the start-up disk in the drive and restart the computer.
Eventually a letter A with a flashing line will appear, (If windows starts up you will need to consult the Motherboard book to access the Bios and select the floppy drive as the first boot device) insert the disk with the OSmaker program, type in dir and press enter.
The program should show up in the list of files, type in the name of the file exactly as you see on screen, then press enter and the program should run.
Hope this helps.

Bill

Re: AKAI S2000 Boot Disk? - 01/19/06 05:41 PM

Hi
Has anyone had any luck with this yet?
I have the same problem.
I tried the method of making a dos boot disk and then running OSmaker from DOS startup and the task completed succesfully but my S2000 still wont accept it.
All I get is a message saying "Insert S2000 System Disk" right from startup and lights moving about the buttons.

can somebody please tell me how i can do this.

thank you

Re: AKAI S2000 Boot Disk? - 06/02/06 04:05 AM

hi,
I had the same problem. The solution is simple:
download the s2000 os v2, don't symply drag and drop it on a floppy but run the exe file from your PC, a dialog window appears telling you to introduce a floppy in your floppy drive, then press enter, wait for few seconds, and it's done.

musically.

Re: AKAI S2000 Boot Disk? - 07/11/06 09:04 PM

My s2000 is doing the same thing saying "insert system disk"and the lights moving in random.It was fine when I left home this morning.!please help!I just recieved it yesterday.........

Re: AKAI S2000 Boot Disk? - 12/30/06 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by biggnone:
My s2000 is doing the same thing saying "insert system disk"and the lights moving in random.It was fine when I left home this morning.!please help!I just recieved it yesterday.........

I failed to create the boot disk under XP, I did manage to create the boot disk using windows 98. I can now start the S2000

------------------
www.SimonPovey.co.uk