Alternative to tune1000 midis on yamahas?

Posted by: Oscar1

Alternative to tune1000 midis on yamahas? - 03/05/12 08:15 AM

I discovered the wheel, I loaded few old tune1000 midi files to the psr910 and they all had been perfectly set up, nicely voiced, with lyrics and score playing without changing anything etc... like it is just made for the PSR!

My question is, what are similarly "yamaha ready" commercial midi files out there?
I am sure some people have experience with this.

Also I heard those tune1000 do not play nicely with tyros 4? Is that so?
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Alternative to tune1000 midis on yamahas? - 03/05/12 09:10 AM

The only other ones I know of are the Midispot files; which I think are now a part of Yamaha's website. I too, have had great luck with the Tune1000 files on the T4; they are VERY good.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Alternative to tune1000 midis on yamahas? - 03/05/12 09:31 AM

I've heard a few from this place, worth a try imho.
http://www.simplysound.co.uk/

Re: Alternative to tune1000 midis on yamahas? - 03/05/12 07:28 PM

Thanks for that, I will check those.
Just back to tune 1000 files:
I wired the midi of PSR910 to roland VP 770 (the brutal vocoder), set the vocoder RX to channel 4 and man, those lead melodies in tune1000 are good!
I could sing totally blindly and it did modulation and the result was pretty awesome choir with great timing.

Who did those tune1000 midis? There must be some pretty perfectionist players making those, if you play like new york, new york or even U2 - damn - the orchestration is spot on!
Posted by: DonM

Re: Alternative to tune1000 midis on yamahas? - 03/23/12 12:28 PM

Tune 1000 spent a lot of time and money making those great midi files. Then so many people gave them away to friends, posted them on forums, etc., that it no longer was profitable for them to continue making them. Everyone was getting them free.
Too bad.
DonM
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Alternative to tune1000 midis on yamahas? - 03/23/12 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: DonM
Tune 1000 spent a lot of time and money making those great midi files. Then so many people gave them away to friends, posted them on forums, etc., that it no longer was profitable for them to continue making them. Everyone was getting them free.
Too bad.
DonM

I was a Tune 1000 dealer....the only other dealer I knew..was SamAsh music...Selling sequences is a tough business...for every one sold by the company, I would bet, hundreds were copied...
I had a couple of dedicated customers of the Tune 1000 products...I actually stocked the current library at that time....

Jim (Zuki), finally purchased my remaining library (well below my cost) smile

I usually try to support software developers...I recall trying to market sequences on Keyboard mag adds for a while( a software called "drums on a disk")...it is really tough...

And I have to admit ..I too have shared with friends .. SMF's (Yes even to DonM) smile

Another great company, was "Hands on music" ..In the 80's they were $13 a song...but were the best...
Posted by: DonM

Re: Alternative to tune1000 midis on yamahas? - 03/24/12 11:02 PM

Oh, I'm totally guilty of receiving and giving midi files, even though I use about one a week in reality. I have downloaded thousands of them and have never purchased one. Just saying, that's why it's hard to buy them now.
Don

Re: Alternative to tune1000 midis on yamahas? - 04/15/12 06:13 PM

I downloaded over the time tons of midifiles and now if I look at them in midi database, i see lot of tune1000 or hands on midi etc... buyt it is not like I even knew those are made for sale - I downloaded them from all those personal sites and midi search engines and whats not.
What a shame, yes i totally believe it is non sustainable business but then again, maybe the high initial price was culprit. I wouldn't mind paying the itunes prices at all and mix and match, but many of them were selling it in packs where i didn't care for most of the songs.
I remember site eatsleepmusic selling in this way per item and for a buck or few. but that is gone now it is an online karaoke singing site ...

i will check the hands on midi how they work on psr910, if they are as flawless as the t1000 with correct channels set for score -this is why I love them, I put it on PSR and then play the solo on violin looking at the display. (just hate when the score switch to bass key for some measurements - it totally throws me off)