Yamaha's colored icons

Posted by: lacobo

Yamaha's colored icons - 06/05/06 09:12 AM

Update!

Apart from keyboard player I'm also a developer. Now I've set my goals to make an icon changer for the styles. I found all the icons that Yamaha uses in their latest keyboards @ the Tyros2 voice editor. However, only half of them has the correct name, the rest is named differently. By downloading the T2 styles and comparing them with the T2 styles I could figure out around 650 icons. It took quite a while to get the rest of the icon-names, but I'm now at 90%.
I've now figured out how to recognize the different sounds and styles, how to get a single folder name displayed etc.

Update2: All icons are now sorted out. I also found a way to display the tempo of a style (why can't Yamaha show the tempo of non-factory-fixed-style's?). The program is gettings smarter: It recognizes Live!, S.art, Cool!, Mega, Sweet!, Drum, Live!SFX, SFX sounds and Basic, Pro, Session and normal styles.

A small updated test-app looks like this:

Bert.

[This message has been edited by lacobo (edited 07-08-2006).]
Posted by: TomTomSF

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 06/05/06 07:50 PM

Michael Bedesem's great program, MidiPlayer, can change and/or assign any of the Yamaha icons to any style or midi file. While it's main purpose is to play styles and midis on your computer, it does already have this icon editing function. Not to discourage you, but you might take a look at what he has done:
http://www.svpworld.com/psr_software.htm#stylemanager

Tom G.

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 06/06/06 09:03 AM

Hi Tom,

I'm not discouraged at all. An icon changer is only the first program I want to make, some other programs can follow, but they would all involve the icons. However I can't find the icon change option in the Midi player. Can you tell me where I can find this option?

Thanks,
Bert.
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 06/06/06 10:13 AM

Lacobo,

What are you using to do your development? C# or VB.NET?

Al

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 06/06/06 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Lacobo,

What are you using to do your development? C# or VB.NET?

Al

VB6. A language that I used so much in the last 6 years that I hardly have to look at the MSDN help files to create what I want. Recently I bought a book about VB2005.NET, but it will take quite a long time before I'll be at the same level.

Bert.

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 06/06/06 09:40 PM

Removed this post, updated opening topic...

[This message has been edited by lacobo (edited 06-08-2006).]

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 06/07/06 08:02 PM

After starting MidiPlayer, open up a style file. Then use the "Icons" button located in the middle of the screen to choose from any of the available colored icons. When you click on any icon, at the top of the screen, you will also see the icon number.

Tom G.

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 06/08/06 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
After starting MidiPlayer, open up a style file. Then use the "Icons" button located in the middle of the screen to choose from any of the available colored icons. When you click on any icon, at the top of the screen, you will also see the icon number.

Tom G.

Thanks Tom, found it (only in the latest version). This speeds up my icon-rename project..

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 06/08/06 07:39 PM

No problem, Bert. Let me know when your software is ready. I'd like to check it out!

Tom G.

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 07/16/06 11:59 AM

Quote:
No problem, Bert. Let me know when your software is ready. I'd like to check it out!

Tom G.

Hi Tom. I've changed my goals a bit and have finished my first application (yamico).
It's nothing more then a yamaha file viewer, but will form the base for the rest of my wishes (play the styles, change the icons etc.). Can you test my app? You can find it on http://www.lacobo.com in the brand new software section. Please let me know what you think of the concept.

Bert.

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 07/18/06 08:01 PM

OK, Bert. I will check it out tomorrow when I have some spare time.

Tom G.

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 07/19/06 05:07 AM

Hi Bert

Your program, YamahaIcon, works just fine on my laptop under Windows XP. It might be better to make the size of the window smaller (or adjustable) since some of the icons look blurry due to their larger size.

Tom G.

Re: Yamaha's colored icons - 07/19/06 09:44 AM

Quote:
Hi Bert

Your program, YamahaIcon, works just fine on my laptop under Windows XP. It might be better to make the size of the window smaller (or adjustable) since some of the icons look blurry due to their larger size.

Tom G.

That makes a lot of sense Tom. I'm now in the middle of making the first update to fix some challenges and add the first few features and I just finished resizing the thing to get the icons sharp.

Thanks,
Bert.

Update: An example then (+ new option to show the extension ...)

[This message has been edited by lacobo (edited 07-19-2006).]