Got a BK-9

Posted by: zuki

Got a BK-9 - 01/23/24 09:28 PM

What a challenge from the 4X! I love this board. It has so much potential and reading through the BK9 posts, I have a bunch more work ahead smile

I particularly love the pianos. There are so many features to polish a song, it's crazy.

Vintage Roland style components are too cool. Nice to have thought out endings that don't quit abruptly (awful on Korg). Hopeful to take this live down the road.

Posted by: Diki

Re: Got a BK-9 - 01/25/24 12:16 PM

Congratulations Zuki.

I love how much the BK9 works as a live arranger and backing track player without overwhelming you, and at a VERY low weight.

Any questions, feel free to ask. Roland definitely have their own way of doing things, often differently from the rest. But I still find it suits me better than anything else at any price..!
Posted by: zuki

Re: Got a BK-9 - 01/27/24 07:25 AM

Thanks Diki. I hope you are doing well. Yes, a lot of bang for the buck (vs $5-6K boards). Will be hooking up an ipad 4 soon and speeding up the process to take live. The 4X is going strong and I have ample work (thanks God), so I can take my time. But this thing is a real monster with the potential that I see. I really like the keybed and 76 notes and lightweight and wow.....more later.
Posted by: Diki

Re: Got a BK-9 - 01/27/24 02:08 PM

I find the sliders can be tasked to anything I’d use the editor app for, live (keyboard part levels, tone or effect controls) and I keep my Performance List in alphabetical order, so it’s quick to select next songs with the scroll wheel while I play.

One thing the lack of buttons compared to the G70 did for me is simply to set things up in advance… if I need to make more than a one button change while I play a song, I make extra Performances (song solo, chorus etc.) and place them adjacent in the List. With 999 to play with (compared to the G70’s 128 per setup) it isn’t really a problem even with a song list of several hundred songs all loaded.