Service Manual needed for a Bk-9

Posted by: Dengizich

Service Manual needed for a Bk-9 - 08/29/21 12:30 PM

I am in need of a Service Manual for a Roland BK-9.

I will have to replace one of the 10 sliders underneath the double display. If anyone knows where can I find a replacement part (linear potentiometer), please let me know.

Also I'm having some phone output issues, I can't hear anything in my headphones, anyone who experienced something similar, also please let me know.
Posted by: TedS

Re: Service Manual needed for a Bk-9 - 08/29/21 09:12 PM

I don't have the service manual, but I would also like a copy if you find one. Even with the diagnostic procedures, finding replacement parts could be a challenge because not that many BK-9s were made. I wonder whether it shares the slider assembly and other parts with another Roland keyboard that might have sold in larger numbers?
Posted by: Diki

Re: Service Manual needed for a Bk-9 - 08/29/21 09:26 PM

The slider board is a single component from Roland, long out of stock. I don’t think the sliders are separate components, and are surface mounted, a quite difficult task to change out….

Re: Service Manual needed for a Bk-9 - 08/30/21 05:52 PM

Oh, yeah..., they are separate components no doubt about that, just like I assumed they would, they are called linear potentiometers or slide pots. I'll give them a good cleaning with a contact cleaner, if that doesn't solve the issue with the Upper1 slider, I'll swap it for another one that I don't use as much, or I'll try to find a replacement linear pot...

I don't recommend anyone to do this type of work themselves, unless they have experience with electronics, otherwise things can get damaged very quickly...

The 10 linear pots have a marking on the side >>> 248C-10KB <<< , without checking the resistance on them, going by the number I assume it's a 10K Ohm pot, will see, I'll need my DMM for that.

Wish me good luck! I wish I had that service manual, anyone has it, please share.

Re: Service Manual needed for a Bk-9 - 08/30/21 09:04 PM

Check your messages

Re: Service Manual needed for a Bk-9 - 09/27/21 12:46 PM

OK
Posted by: AlwaysaPlanB

Re: Service Manual needed for a Bk-9 - 01/19/23 10:19 AM

Anyone know where I can find pictures or video of how to dismantle a BK 09, please? I need to fix a dodgy keyboard contact. Thanks.

Re: Service Manual needed for a Bk-9 - 01/21/23 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By AlwaysaPlanB
Anyone know where I can find pictures or video of how to dismantle a BK 09, please? I need to fix a dodgy keyboard contact. Thanks.

This thread has photos of which screws to remove and how to open up your BK9…

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...mova#Post503880