G-70 vocalizer and Pedal Control

Posted by: donpatt

G-70 vocalizer and Pedal Control - 10/12/06 06:44 PM

Greetings Group,

I currently own a Yamaha 3K, and a Generalmusic XP module. I use these in conjunction with my midi accordion. I am fairly dissasitfied with both. Each has SOME GOOD, SOME BAD!! I would, however, like to get down to one unit. One good all-around unit. Currently I use the 3K and Xp in tandem. I take this and that voice or style from one or the other. Its quite cumbersome but I do get some good sounds.

My main concern at this time is that the GEM XP has a very good harmonizer. Four voices, many presets; The Yamaha 3K doesn't come close.

I would like to know abt the G-70 vocalizer / harmonizer. How many voices will it do? ETC.

Also, can many of the functions on the G-70 be controlled by a foot pedal? When playing the accordion I need both hands.

And lastly, how abt style availability? Are there good resources for Roland Styles? Obviously Yamaha is good in this area with thousands, and GEM is very bad. Almost no resources at all!

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Don P.

[This message has been edited by donpatt (edited 10-12-2006).]

[This message has been edited by donpatt (edited 10-13-2006).]
Posted by: DonM

Re: G-70 vocalizer and Pedal Control - 10/17/06 09:39 PM

G70 vocal harmonizer is excellent. It will do up to 4 extra voices and all settings can be customized and edited to your liking. Very versatile and very easy to use. It has some excellent special effects and funny voices as well.
Most all functions can be assigned to foot switches and pedals. The dedicated Roland foot controller comes preset to activate all the arranger functions such as variation, fills, intros, endings, or it can be reassigned to countless other functions.
DonM