Problems with VA76 - Metronom and second output

Posted by: Volker

Problems with VA76 - Metronom and second output - 06/10/03 01:46 AM

Hi,
after 4 years i've changed from G1000 to VA76. And although the new sounds and styles of the va76 are great, i have many difficults to transfer from G1000 to VA76.

I play in a cover-band wih the following setup:

- some songs wih midifile
- Track 10 (drums) are assigned to output 2
- Drummer gets this drumtrack on hisheadphnoes
- some songs with count-in (1-bar)

And these are my very special problems:

- on the G1000 the settings for the metronome and count-in are saved in the regristration. On VA76 everytime i start the song-composer, the metronome is always deactivated. Is there a possibility to save the activated metronome in the user-registration ?

- the first beat of the count-in is on output 1. The rest is ok. VA76 seems to be to slow to change the outputassigns. But for me that means, that the drummer will not be able to count in correct. (I think it's no solution to tell the drummer he should count 3 and then count in the band with 4..). To use the metronome output is not a good solution, because our drummer prefers to hear the drumtrack. So for the moment i have to give him both signals (drumtrack and metronome) on his headphone (therefor a little mixer is necessary). Not amazing !!

Little problems with great consequences, if you play in band.

Many greetings !

Volker
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Problems with VA76 - Metronom and second output - 06/10/03 02:03 PM

Volker, there are many reasons why I still use[prefer] my G1000..Are you sure there is not a setting in global page[just asking]?
Posted by: Volker

Re: Problems with VA76 - Metronom and second output - 06/11/03 05:24 AM

Hi Fran,

i agree. As i see now, the G1000 has many advantages for live-performing. Although the touch display is very nice, you always need one press more to alter the settings. And on many menus, you have NOT more information on the display than on G1000 - only a bigger font.

Most of the software-bugs of the G1000 still exist on the VA76 (for example when you want to copy songs from ZIP to FDD - the songs appear in the order as they were put on the zip. ).

The handling of the VA76 could have been so much better, if the Roland-engineers had done a good job.

The engineer who decided to put Variphrase in the VA76 must have been drunken. I see no possibility to use variphrase on live jobs. Mostly it sounds very very artificial.

Nevertheless, the fantastic new sounds (espicially piano - my digital piano sounds worse), the 128 voices and the new styles are worth the money. And there many things that are better on VA76 (for example no upper- or lower-limitations for the split-points).

I hope my va76 and i become friends ;-)

Many greetings!

Volker

PS: No chance to solve my problems on the global-settings-page. I tried hours on hours.... :-(((
Posted by: Vadim

Re: Problems with VA76 - Metronom and second output - 07/25/03 12:04 PM

Try to assign drums to another output,or set 2-bar count in on.