new 10 va-7 demos ............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: eyal

new 10 va-7 demos ............!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 05/21/00 10:38 PM

just listen to this .........
www.egroups.com/group/va-7

DO I NEED TO SAY MORE .........??????

EYAL

Re: new 10 va-7 demos ............!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 05/22/00 02:00 PM

hoo hoo hoo ......

dont get mad .......

sorry thats the egroup ruls .....

by the way the only thing i did in this group
is to arrange all detailes from the web
about the va-7 and ....belive me
there isnt much.....
i also adding more info that i get from

roland directly .......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so .... you can find this demos also at
www.roland.it

your friend....

eyal guli

------------------
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: new 10 va-7 demos ............!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 05/22/00 05:36 PM

Uncle Dave , Don,t frett, I already saved them for you. The VA-7 sounds pretty darn GOOD!!! Spend a dime and call me...Mr C
Posted by: Adnan

Re: new 10 va-7 demos ............!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 05/23/00 05:05 PM

Dear sir,

I currently have the G-1000 and I am interesting for the new VA-7. In fact, I impressed with the new rich sounds and features I heard at eGroups. But, I would not buy THIS keyboard never, because I need 76 weighted keys as on G-1000 (they are excellent!) so, I will wait for Roland release of some new model with all the features found on the VA-7, but in "more professional" form of G-series (i hope it's coming). Because I'm a student of music and I play piano so much, "plastic-feel" keys aren't good for my fingers. For example, day after having performance with G-600, I can't play piano before a LONG time playing of scale exercices, because a real piano keys are much deeper and harder than G-600 keys.

This is the main reason i sold the G-600. With the G-1000, results are better and I haven't got any trouble. By the way, it sounding much better and more real than G-600.

Because I am planning to buy some keyboard like VA-7 which Roland will release in future, I would have some questions for you about the VA-7.

1) Does VA-7 hold all the features found on G-1000 and EM-2000, including DSP EFX, Style Converter, 16-track Sequencer, Basic/Advanced and Original/Variation arranger divisions, Aftertouch and all tones found on G and EM ? Is it FULLY compatible with the former models from E, G and EM series ?

2) Does VA-7 have a good Rotary Speaker effect, and what is your opinion about this? How much independent DSP units it have ?

3) How much samples (in MB) you can store in its memory? Is it expandable and how? Is memory permanent after turning off the keyboard and is there possibility of reading any of standard supported formats (.WAV, .AIFF ...) and can I use the VariPhrase as standard sampler (or sampling on KN-6k and PSR-9k)? Does looping supported ?

4) Can VA-7 harmonize my singing interactive, as PSR-9000 ?

5) Are styles fully customizable (Style Edit)? Can I use all the styles from my G-1000 and how much Realtime parts and Arranger parts is supported ?

6) Is there the "Reset/TapTempo" function ? Are Acc and Rit supported ?

7) What's the price of the VA-7 ?

8) Finnaly, did you heard something about new expected G-like version of VA-7 with 76 weighted keys and more proffesional package (by the way, I don't need the speakers - I thing every profi player don't need this); Do you now does Roland plans to release that keyboard (G-1200, G-3000, VA-17 or something, who nows) ?

If you reply me to these questions, it would be a great help for me. If you have any information about VA-7 that can be interesting for me (or some docs), please send me at:

adnan.forums@usa.net

Thanks in advance !
Best regards,
Adnan

Re: new 10 va-7 demos ............!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 05/23/00 11:12 PM

hi Adnan.....

go to the egroup and you will find all the answer there
but you need to read ....
not much information
but thats it for now....
http://www.egroups.com/group/va-7

i will answer for your question:

1.The VA-7 is FULLY compatible with all the
old model e,g em and all g1000 specifications are include plus a lot lot more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. about the dsp the rotray effect
and all other efects realy improved
so... now the 89 dspefects are great!!!

3.you can store 48(up to 16mb in rom)phrases
and 16 sampling phrases (up to 8mb)
i realy dont know if you can expand it...
I HOPE !!!!!!!!!!
THE VP9000 IS EXPANDBLE UP TO 128 MB
THATS GIVE HIM 7 MIN 5SEC
SAMPLING TIME ....
BUT TO UNDERSTAND VARIPHRASE
OR THE GREAT POWER OR REVULUTION
IT IT THATS YOU DONT NEED M,UCH MEMORY LIKE YOU USE TO LIKE OTHER SAMPLER !!!!!!!!!
YOU CAN CONTROL ANY SAMPLE VERY VERY ALASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16 VARIPHRASE STORED IN MEMORY EVEN YOU TURN OFF YOUR KEYBOARD
LOOPING IS SUPORTED

THE VARIPHRASE IS REALY REVOLUTION
LIKE THE MIDI REVOLUTION WAS !!!!!!!!
http://www.rolandus.com/../USERS/RUG/Winter_00/UT-variphrase.html

4. THE VA-7 harmonize singing interactive

5.styles fully customizable (Style Edit)you Can use all the styles from G-1000 and others
the real time arranger like the g-1000

6."Reset/TapTempo" function exsist Acc and Rit supported

7.the price of the va-7 in germany:
1980$ witout german tax !!!!
http://www.musicians-gear.com/prices.htm

8. finaly :

it wil NOT be g-1000 continued
roland not intend to relse any new keyboard
76 weighted keys !!!!!!!
(it wont be any g1200 ....)

about va-17 i dont know ....
you know every 2 years we all
wishing for beter
keyboard and it realy great
like the computer world !!!!!!!!!!!!

b.t.w the speakers are realy good
not like you use to in the past
A powerful Bass-Reflex speaker system rounds out the impressive feature list.

there a lot more .....
but you have to wait every one get his

VA-7 ....

REALY AMZING KEYBOARD !!!!!!!!!!!

EYAL GULI
http://www.egroup.com/group/va-7

[This message has been edited by eyal (edited 05-23-2000).]
Posted by: Adnan

Re: new 10 va-7 demos ............!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 05/25/00 05:10 PM

Eyal !

Thank you very much for your replies. Now I have many important informations about VA-7. Because I already have the G-1000, and you said there is COMPLETE G-1000 in the VA-7 plus much more, I think it must be really great keyboard and all-purpose workstation. The price is popular, too (not so high I expected for a newest keyboard). These facts can make me sure in my decision and I would go in the shop and buy this keyboard right now.

BUT, still exists the problem with unweighted keys on VA-7. I haven't got so much money I hold both G-1000 and VA-7, so if I want to buy the VA-7, I must sold my G-1000. In that case I will not have the appropiate keys. No, I can't do it! I tried few keyboards and I found that the keys on the G-1000 are absolutely best for me. Also, the front panel with REAL keys for many functions is very accessible. I don't know how are implemented on VA-7 most used functions (keyboard mode, bass inversion, basic/advanced division, fill in to original/to variation/to previous, perf hold, etc.) - I suppose with the Touch screen. I think this solution is more attractive, but not so practical at live performance for quick handling as dedicated key groups on the G-1000 (and the legendary rotary knobs, also). In fact, Never mind - I'm not so conservative and I think I would learn to operate quickly all these options with TouchScreen, but still rests the problem with keys.

So, the unique solution for me is to hold my G-1000 for now and wait until Roland releases some VA-like arranger with better keyboard (may be 76-key like the G-1000), even if I know the G-1000 haven't got so powerful features as the VA-7. May be I will wait for a long time, but I have no choice. I don't want any other arranger than Roland.

In ever case, thank you for useful informations, again.

Best Regards,
Adnan