G70 looses drums in 16-track sequencer

Posted by: Anonymous

G70 looses drums in 16-track sequencer - 04/01/05 04:53 AM

Hi all,

I'm a newbie in this forum and also in the world of Roland users.

This week I bought a G70 and now I'm trying to convert my midi-files from Yamaha XG to Roland GS.
One huge problem I encountered during resequencing. All the drumparts in the sequence are switched back to normal intruments (piano). And after that the whole keyboard isn't playing drums anymore, neighter in existing songs nor with styles. The only solution is to turn the instrument off and then on again.
When I reassign the MSB/LSB values to 120/4 in a sequencer on my PC everyting works fine again but then in the on board sequencer the problem comes back. Funny thing is that when I altered those values (MSB/LSB) and I use the Song Makeup tool everything goes well.

Am I doing something wrong or is it nasty bug in the software ? I use ver. 1.06.
I hope anyone's got the solution for this.

Albert
Posted by: dontouchmykey

Re: G70 looses drums in 16-track sequencer - 04/15/05 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by albertmeijer:
Hi all,

I'm a newbie in this forum and also in the world of Roland users.

This week I bought a G70 and now I'm trying to convert my midi-files from Yamaha XG to Roland GS.
One huge problem I encountered during resequencing. All the drumparts in the sequence are switched back to normal intruments (piano). And after that the whole keyboard isn't playing drums anymore, neighter in existing songs nor with styles. The only solution is to turn the instrument off and then on again.
When I reassign the MSB/LSB values to 120/4 in a sequencer on my PC everyting works fine again but then in the on board sequencer the problem comes back. Funny thing is that when I altered those values (MSB/LSB) and I use the Song Makeup tool everything goes well.

Am I doing something wrong or is it nasty bug in the software ? I use ver. 1.06.
I hope anyone's got the solution for this.

Albert

Hi Albert,
I have the same your problem. I know that on 1.10 this bug is fixed.
I am waiting it on web site
Posted by: dontouchmykey

Re: G70 looses drums in 16-track sequencer - 04/15/05 01:23 AM

Hi,
I am again.
I found the complete uptate, data and version on following roland site.
Bye bye
http://www.roland.dk/