Roland EM 2000

Posted by: Terrysutt

Roland EM 2000 - 09/24/22 01:50 PM

Here`s a medley of oldies recorded on my 22 year old Roland EM 2000,
thought I`d just blow a few cobwebs off it.
Posted by: abacus

Re: Roland EM 2000 - 09/25/22 12:53 AM

A lot better sounding than a lot of the modern boards, which just sound all the same, whereas older models had a sound of their own thus making individualism far easier.

Bill
clap
Posted by: Diki

Re: Roland EM 2000 - 09/25/22 11:52 AM

Originally Posted By abacus
A lot better sounding than a lot of the modern boards, which just sound all the same, whereas older models had a sound of their own thus making individualism far easier.

Bill
clap

Translation: Modern arrangers actually sound like the instruments they are imitating, thus harder to differentiate, old arrangers all sucked, but each in a different way!

Just joking (a bit!) 😂
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Roland EM 2000 - 09/27/22 02:31 PM

What was the Roland Arranger that was just a short keyboard, maybe 37 keys ? Made to go on top or next to a piano and played with the Left hand while playing piano with the right. I borrowed one once from my friend who had a small music store but I remember It was too clumsy to use live, at least for me at that time.
Posted by: Nick G

Re: Roland EM 2000 - 09/28/22 07:28 AM

I found this and couldn't resist not sharing!

https://youtu.be/tOaBfJjrxLQ

Live EM 2000 demo from Peter Baartmans! I could hardly recognise him!
Posted by: Diki

Re: Roland EM 2000 - 09/28/22 12:00 PM

One of my favorite dropped features from the G1000 (I presume the EM2000 had the same) was the ability to easily (no sysex) modulate vibrato speed as well as depth from the aftertouch.

This actually is what most real players do, it’s rare to find someone who’s vibrato stays at a precise speed as they increase or decrease the depth. Light slow vibrato gradually changing to a bit faster as it gets stronger is very common in the real world.