pax5

Posted by: dud

pax5 - 05/22/22 01:11 AM

there are rumores that KORG PAX5 will be annonced at JUNE 2022. what do tou think ?
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: pax5 - 05/22/22 07:32 AM

After all the supposed real pics of the prototype and claims of fakes, I almost believe, after 4 yrs, it may be true. However, even if it is, a pa5X would have to have unimaginable features to wrest me away from my pa4X. On the other hand, it would give us something new to talk about.
Posted by: abacus

Re: pax5 - 05/22/22 10:12 AM

These rumours have been going on for ages; believe it when you see it and not before.

Bill
Posted by: Diki

Re: pax5 - 05/22/22 08:15 PM

Korgforums have some pics that look genuine. Looks like a true next gen upgrade, which is imho sorely needed.

They might have actually managed to break free from the old Triton architecture and there seems to be some good crossover with the arpeggiator/clip launching modern paradigm.

A few steps back (seems likely they’ve ceased their association with Waves for Maxx and TC for harmony) but it looks like they’ve massively increased the sampling/loop memory and worked hard on syncing it all with the style engine.

Can’t wait for the official demos. With any luck they got Marco Parisi to sprinkle some magic on them!
Posted by: Nick G

Re: pax5 - 05/22/22 08:49 PM

I am definitely hanging out for this... An arranger with a proper Step sequencer like we are seeing in the Kross / Fantom synths has me highly excited.