What's wrong with PSR Tutorial?

Posted by: Taike

What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/09/22 12:01 AM

Visited PSR Tutorial and got this message:

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Email address & IP address listed in Stop Forum Spam & Cleantalk.org
This ban is not set to expire.

So weird as I had no problem as a guest yesterday. I probably have less than five posts on this forum and that's several years ago. Forgot my PW but never got a reply.
Posted by: Kabinopus

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/09/22 12:33 AM

I have had a similar problem there forever; my internet provider's IP must be listed there as unwanted. I have to use VPN to get there. My account isn't banned, but if I connect with my regular IP, I see a similar message (although nothing about my e-mail or "Stop Forum Spam & Cleantalk.org"), then I have to delete my cookies for this site, otherwise I won't be able to sign in even with VPN. I'd say they are a bit overprotective.

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/09/22 01:54 AM

It happened all of a sudden. I merely clicked on a post and that message popped up. Maybe they don't like where we live. 🤔

Just sent a message to Mr. Joe Waters. No idea if he's still the admin, though.
Posted by: abacus

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/09/22 05:35 AM

China has its own internet firewall and Russia currently has a lot of sanctions against it so this may well be the problem. (The fact that you can get through with a VPN also indicates this)
Joe W name is still shown as one of the moderators so you should be OK. (The forum uses Clean Talk as there spam filter)
Hopefully you will be back on soon.

Bill

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/09/22 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By abacus
China has its own internet firewall and Russia currently has a lot of sanctions against it so this may well be the problem. (The fact that you can get through with a VPN also indicates this)

Well, in my case I had this problem with PSRTutorial for ages, also discussed it here somewhere; I believe they blocked some IPs to protect themselves from spam. Also, not every email service receives their letters, so there can be problems with registration. I tend to believe that the reasons are within PSRTutorial, it's all technical, not personal. But getting a message about being banned can be rather misleading.

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/09/22 08:30 AM

This is akin to "shoot first, ask questions later" instead of "innocent until proven guilty". Actually I signed up again just last year as I couldn't access my previous email and haven't posted anything since. It just doesn't make sense.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/09/22 08:31 AM

I'll do my best to determine what is going wrong with your accounts. The forum has been hacked a few times and once, it completely crashed and had to be restored. Joe Waters is still the owner of the forum, but Roger takes care of the membership problems most of the time. I will pass this information along to both of them to see if the problem can be rectified.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/09/22 08:46 AM

I'm certainly no hacker. Heck, I rarely cough. 😁

Much appreciated, Gary.

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/10/22 11:13 AM

Taike and Kabinopus, I contacted Roger, who takes care of the membership section of the forum and he could not find either of your accounts. However, the forum will delete the account automatically if you do not log on within 730 days. Therefore, he suggested re-registering and if you have a problem, contact (rlbrenizer@rlbrenizer.com)

Roger wrote:

I did a search for Taike and Kabinopus in our forum member list and they don't exist.

Taike was most likely removed from the forum for failing to login within 730 days. All members are required to login at least one time in 730 days, or I remove their accounts from the forum. Each time they login resets the 730-day requirement. He's not listed in our ban list, so he may be using a dynamic IP address (constantly changing) and inheriting the IP address of a known spammer, which could be the reason he's receiving a notification about being banned from the forum. It's also possible he's using a VPN, which changes his geographic location and IP address and he's inheriting the credentials of a known spammer.

The bottom line, with Taike, is that he doesn't have a forum account, so he will need to register again.

To my knowledge Kabinopus has never had a forum account and may have only visited the forum as a guest in the past. He tried to register as kabinopus (lower case k) on December 25, 2017, but I banned him because he was found in one of several spammer's databases we employ. I'm not certain why he thinks he is a member of our forum.

In addition, we don't allow Russians on our forum and haven't since I became a moderator/administrator. The Russians are a constant source of spam and I have banned many of them over the years.

I hope this helps,

Roger

Good Luck,

Gary cool
Posted by: Diki

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/10/22 08:33 PM

Unfortunately, given the huge efforts that state and privately sponsored hackers have made from Russia and China, it’s a bit disingenuous for people from those regions to throw their hands up and claim ‘foul’ when they face tighter security restrictions. Though you personally may not have been involved, sadly it’s not possible to blindly trust email addresses from the region.

Don’t blame those of us that are forced to be a lot more cautious about internet traffic from certain regions. Blame those who have forced us to be more cautious.

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/11/22 01:19 AM

Gary, thank you for making an inquiry and sharing it with us. After I failed to sign up as Kabinopus, I signed up with my real name, that's why there's a confusion.

I have access to the forum to read and write right now, so I consider the issue to be resolved, although I don't really use it much.

The arguments of the administration may be reasonable or not; that's their call. To me it seems a bit odd, because I have signed up on dozens of forums during my life, sometimes just to post one message, and never I had to deal with this sort of protection.

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/11/22 06:14 AM

Glad I was able to be of assistance, old friend. I noticed that Taike was also able to get on the forum as well. It's a great forum for Yamaha arranger keyboard users, lots of good information and links and thousands of excellent 3rd party, song-specific style files avaiable to members.

Good luck,

Gary

Re: What's wrong with PSR Tutorial? - 04/11/22 06:33 AM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I noticed that Taike was also able to get on the forum as well. It's a great forum for Yamaha arranger keyboard users, lots of good information and links and thousands of excellent 3rd party, song-specific style files available to members.

Good luck,

Gary

Thank you, Gary. Much appreciated.