(OT) Talked to Paul (Montonman) yesterday....

Posted by: captain Russ

(OT) Talked to Paul (Montonman) yesterday.... - 12/19/20 12:50 PM

Paul and I had a nice conversation yesterday. Turns out, he is in Dallas and I spent 10 years traveling there every other week. Have a trip planned to see old friends after the virus is more contained.

I called him out of the blue. I do that every once in a while...just call someone I only know from online contact.

Paul is one of my favorites, and I'm looking forward to a visit.

Russ
Posted by: montunoman

Re: (OT) Talked to Paul (Montonman) yesterday.... - 12/19/20 04:13 PM

Hi Russ, great to from you and I’m you and your family are getting healthy. We look forward to your trip to the Lone Star State once things get better.

Best Wishes and seasons greetings!
Posted by: Kabinopus

Re: (OT) Talked to Paul (Montonman) yesterday.... - 12/20/20 12:25 AM

There are ways to make some things better before other things get better :-) And keeping in touch like this is surely one of the ways to do so. Today's challenges test us on what would we do with what we have, would we change or not.

We know that this year a lot of couples got separated/divorced due to lockdowns and the tension, and even those who didn't perhaps had to make some extra effort.

While meeting in person is surely a nice option to have, I believe that online communication in some ways can be even more beneficial, well, because it can include a lot of people (even me :-) ) , but also because in some sence it's even more challenging, as when you are offline it's usually enough to have some coffee together and talk about nothing, while communicating like this is more about the things we say, nothing gets missed. Also, it kind of equals everyone, as in physical world how a person looks, what age it is, etc. can be misleading. Having said that I still regret not being able to pay visits to each of you, but, well, let's do what we can do instead or regretting about what we can't do.

Re: (OT) Talked to Paul (Montonman) yesterday.... - 12/20/20 09:23 AM

Don't know if it was you, but someone here put me on to Leonid and Friends. I watched with joy when the US ambassador got behind the piano and started the first captivating chords to Saturday In the Park. An outpouring of good feelings and appreciation.

Likewise, when Leonid tours the US, the closeness that music brings was evidenced in spades.

There are always genuine expressions of friendship and common bond sharing, with indications that if everyone got along like these two basically diverse groups do, the world would be a much nicer place.

R.
Posted by: lahawk

Re: (OT) Talked to Paul (Montonman) yesterday.... - 12/20/20 10:17 AM

Russ called and talked to my brother at his Music Store. I was not there at the time, but my brother was impressed. What a great guy you are Russ!

Re: (OT) Talked to Paul (Montonman) yesterday.... - 12/22/20 09:59 AM

Larry, you, too are one of my favorites here.

Best personal regards,

Russ