Still Performing....

Posted by: montunoman

Still Performing.... - 10/03/20 08:13 AM

At this point I am only taking outdoor gigs as a single, duo or trio. Here's a clip from one my wife and I did the other day. The event was hosted in a very big back yard with the guests very spread out. BTW, the fellow that gets up and dances is my cousin who lives with us.... Anyways, we're keeping active and trying to stay safe.
We have some fall festivals and some more back yard parties booked through November. Hope everyone is well, and enjoying your music.

Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/03/20 10:25 AM

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.
Nice to see that life in one way or another still goes on despite of the virus threat..
Stay safe!
Posted by: 124

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/03/20 05:00 PM

Been fairly lucky this summer. We've done 14 gigs (all outdoor, of course) which is well off our usual pace of 12-14 per month. Where it goes from here as the weather turns colder is anyone's not-too-educated guess. Still, grateful for what we've had.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/04/20 03:49 AM

I was wondering about the usual availability of electricity at outdoor events. I am sure it varies between an electrified Pagoda, to a back yard with none. I could run a 100ft cord from an outside outlet, and have a battery generator I have not tried yet. A battery powered speaker would probably be best, but more money and and an iffy return.

Bernie

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/04/20 09:30 AM

We've had no problems in that regard, Bernie. All our gigs are NH/AL. Yesterday, we were on a 70โ€™ extension from the outlet to our power block - all good. With so few gigs I can't see us investing in anything that's battery.

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/04/20 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.
Nice to see that life in one way or another still goes on despite of the virus threat..
Stay safe!

Thank you Gunnar Johnny for listening and commenting!

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/04/20 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By 124
Been fairly lucky this summer. We've done 14 gigs (all outdoor, of course) which is well off our usual pace of 12-14 per month. Where it goes from here as the weather turns colder is anyone's not-too-educated guess. Still, grateful for what we've had.

Glad youโ€™re staying active 124. Yes, who knows what winter will bring. I envision a long break ! Iโ€™m very glad I have what appears to be a secure day job!

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/04/20 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I was wondering about the usual availability of electricity at outdoor events. I am sure it varies between an electrified Pagoda, to a back yard with none. I could run a 100ft cord from an outside outlet, and have a battery generator I have not tried yet. A battery powered speaker would probably be best, but more money and and an iffy return.

Bernie

Bernie, I am happy with my Bose S1 Pro battery powered speakers, and my Flahfish portable power station that keeps my keyboard, mixer, vocal effects unit powered up.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/04/20 11:09 AM

Very nice video and preformance. I love Latin Style music.
Posted by: Terrysutt

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/04/20 11:34 AM

Hi,montunoman,just watched your video,thought it was excellent
you`re obviously both enjoying the gig.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/04/20 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By montunoman

Bernie

Bernie, I am happy with my Bose S1 Pro battery powered speakers, and my Flahfish portable power station that keeps my keyboard, mixer, vocal effects unit powered up.

Thanks, I have the Flashfish because of your earlier reco. I am halfway there.
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/04/20 12:49 PM

BIG THUMBS UP. A WARNING, though. If I was at the performance I'd flirt with your good looking lady, BIG-TIME!

Problem is , I'm so old I have forgotten why I used to do it.

I guess it's kind of like shooting with an empty pistol.

Seriously, you are one of the folks I have really enjoyed knowing.

Best personal regards,

Russ
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/05/20 08:33 AM

Good for you Paul for doing gigs the safe way. And the video performance was enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

I hope the weather stays nice for awhile, for those that perform out doors only.

Be safe

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/05/20 11:01 AM

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Very nice video and preformance. I love Latin Style music.

Thank you Bill, Latin styles are our favorite, but we do county, rock, disco, modern pop, and lots of swinging old standards too. We've attempted just about everything!

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/05/20 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By Terrysutt
Hi,montunoman,just watched your video,thought it was excellent
you`re obviously both enjoying the gig.

Thank so much Terry for taking the time to listen and comment. Yes, we love playing just about any gig. It's just the set up and tearing down that's a chore!

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/05/20 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By montunoman

Bernie

Thanks, I have the Flashfish because of your earlier reco. I am halfway there.

Glad to hear you got the Flashfish. Once you get some battery powered speakers you'll probably never want to plug into a wall again!

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/05/20 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By captain Russ
BIG THUMBS UP. A WARNING, though. If I was at the performance I'd flirt with your good looking lady, BIG-TIME!

Problem is , I'm so old I have forgotten why I used to do it.

I guess it's kind of like shooting with an empty pistol.

Seriously, you are one of the folks I have really enjoyed knowing.

Best personal regards,

Russ

Thank you Captain Russ for checking out the video! And since you are "shooting with an empty pistol" your welcome to flirt with my wife. LOL : )

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/05/20 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By lahawk
Good for you Paul for doing gigs the safe way. And the video performance was enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

I hope the weather stays nice for awhile, for those that perform out doors only.

Be safe

Thanks Larry. I guess you could say that it's safer than playing inside, but of course no guarantees. We have another backyard party coming up on a patio with a roof. I may ask to have them change us to play on their pool deck instead of the patio, but it will be in November, so who knows what the weather will be like? So, yes, there are some risks involved...
Posted by: TedS

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/05/20 12:04 PM

Paul outdoors is golden; indoors is much higher risk. You want to stay where air is moving to carry away any virus that might be breathed out. Personally I would avoid being under the patio roof if the weather allows it. You don't want to be anywhere that contaminated air could build up over a period of time. I'm not a medical professional but that's my $.02. All of my social interaction since March has been outdoors; so far none of my immediate friends have gotten sick.

I'm glad you're playing out again. Someday when this is all over I promise I'll bring a date to Dallas and see you in person!!

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/05/20 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By TedS
Paul outdoors is golden; indoors is much higher risk. You want to stay where air is moving to carry away any virus that might be breathed out. Personally I would avoid being under the patio roof if the weather allows it. You don't want to be anywhere that contaminated air could build up over a period of time. I'm not a medical professional but that's my $.02. All of my social interaction since March has been outdoors; so far none of my friends have gotten sick.

I'm glad you're playing out again. Someday when this is all over I promise I'll bring a date to Dallas and see you in person!!

I'm totally with you about being safer outdoors. I am surprised that schools haven't made any effort to push outdoor classes- at least where I teach. I am keeping my windows open, the AC running and a fan blowing in my classroom in an effort to keep the air flow moving. Hope it works....

Bring your date to the Bishop Arts District on Saturday October 17th 7pm-10pm. We're doing a "street" concert. You don't even have to buy anything and parking is free.... No excuses : )
Posted by: TedS

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/05/20 01:51 PM

Haha, except it's my birthday and we have something planned (outdoors) here in Fort Worth! I'm sure it will be great! Let's see what the rest of the fall brings!

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/05/20 03:12 PM

Happy early birthday, Ted. May you and your date enjoy the day!

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/05/20 07:27 PM

smile As lucky as we've been with the weather so far, an outdoor gig in November here is definitely not on. Edmonton ain't no Dallas. smile

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/06/20 05:28 AM

November, as is most of the winter, all over the place temperature wise in Dallas. We can have icy roads and then a few days later, high temperatures in the 70โ€™s.

We did an outdoors NYE gig years ago, and it was warm enough that I had to take off my jacket.
Posted by: zuki

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/06/20 07:28 AM

Thanks for sharing - sounded good. Great news that you have that many gigs during this time.

I like the setup with the Apex. It appears you are resting the bottom keyboard on something different than the arms? I might want to do the same when I go back, since I have a Korg Krome to add to the PA1000. Also, what is the drape you use - nice clean look! zuki

Re: Still Performing.... - 10/06/20 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By zuki
Thanks for sharing - sounded good. Great news that you have that many gigs during this time.

I like the setup with the Apex. It appears you are resting the bottom keyboard on something different than the arms? I might want to do the same when I go back, since I have a Korg Krome to add to the PA1000. Also, what is the drape you use - nice clean look! zuki

Hi Zuki, thank you for watching and commenting on the video.
Yes, itโ€™s an Apex stand which holds the top keyboard and an X stand which holds the bottom keyboard. I can get a much more comfortable position with this set up. The โ€œ drapeโ€ came with the keyboard stand . Here it is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-RKS30X-...7275&sr=8-4