Resent post being moved

Posted by: DonM

Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 01:41 PM

I don't post in the Bar and I don't read the bar and I resent my posts being moved to the bar. I don't come here to discuss politics but sometimes feel I have to defend MY president when he is attacked.
I am just about finished here, and I'm taking a break from SZ to cool off.
My friends know where to find me to discuss arrangers or whatever, except politics.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 01:42 PM

I'm just a phone call away if you need a friend ...
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 02:43 PM

Don, I understand how you feel, but I really wish you wouldn't go ...
Let's try to bring this forum back to what it was set up for-discussion of, and performances on, arranger keyboards ...

PS you have my number also ...
Posted by: hammer

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 02:44 PM

I am with Don on this one.

Deane

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 03:09 PM

I am also, and the thread should have been moved as soon as it STARTED getting political, because we all know where it was going to lead ...
I just don't want to see SZ torn apart because of it ...
Posted by: organgrinder

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 03:10 PM

ME TOO. after all that's what it's called and should be the reason we are all here.

MEL
Posted by: MusicalMemories

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 03:44 PM

Isn’t this forum for Arranger Keyboard Users, whilst we may have brandx and / or brand y. At the end of the day we are here because or our interest in them and to learn and share our knowledge of them.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
I am also, and the thread should have been moved as soon as it STARTED getting political, because we all know where it was going to lead ...
I just don't want to see SZ torn apart because of it ...

Plus one.......and Tony you're always the voice of reason!

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 06:08 PM

Thanks, Steve ... it shouldn't be so difficult to be reasonable ... but unfortunately ......
Posted by: zuki

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 06:15 PM

+1 to keep the Arranger section alive. It's a difficult and frustrating time right now. In addition, no new arrangers in sight! Everything is at a standstill.

I just moved 5 yards of dirt today and continue to do outside work and improvements in this down period. The house is looking good, but I have an emptiness without the live gigs.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 06:33 PM

This is not good no matter how you turn it. Please don’t take this is an opinion of what happen, or offering this as an excuse. With the pressure that age, the loss of ability, and the lock-down, I feel that there are many of us living on the edge.

I don’t know how, but we need to get Don and SZ back together again. They both are two preciouses to lose.

I have Parkinson disease which elevates my emotions a great deal. I find myself becoming angry at something that I would normally walk away from. Thank God for my ever so understanding wife.
John C.

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/18/20 06:39 PM

* new post
Posted by: ekurburski

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/19/20 11:36 AM

Yeh, I love politics BUT not here! It amazes me how some feel everyone else is wrong and amy they are wise enough to decide what is right and what is wrong. Seems that the electoral college worked well for our country uptill now. Fact is it worked this time too. It protected us from the opression of California over the smaller states.

Quite frankly, I am very disappointed in Trump. When IS Hillary going to face an indictment? Is she quilty? Unless she faces trial, who knows?

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/19/20 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By ekurburski
Yeh, I love politics BUT not here! It amazes me how some feel everyone else is wrong and amy they are wise enough to decide what is right and what is wrong. Seems that the electoral college worked well for our country uptill now. Fact is it worked this time too. It protected us from the opression of California over the smaller states.

Quite frankly, I am very disappointed in Trump. When IS Hillary going to face an indictment? Is she quilty? Unless she faces trial, who knows?

Earl, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let's not start it again here ... just sayin' ...
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/19/20 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By bruno123

I don’t know how, but we need to get Don and SZ back together again. They both are two preciouses to lose.

Hi ,
no idea what has happened, I haven’t been around much.

Personally I think safer not knowing , how people feel about politics, climate change , etc etc. it can cloud one’s judgement about a particular person.
Hence I don’t frequent the bar. I have my beliefs and I try ( not always successfully ) to shut up on these subjects.
Sometimes it astounds me what some people believe, and say , so safer not to know.

Please come back Don.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/19/20 04:26 PM

Funny thought. We never had these problems before. Lets get back to music.
Posted by: jingleman

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/19/20 04:58 PM

Don, your one of the best arranger players / performers here. Hang in here buddy...we’re all too old to lose friends.
Mitch
Posted by: ekurburski

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/19/20 06:34 PM

yes Don, we want ya ta stay. Hey it's good to have at least one conservative that defends our side once in awhile.
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/19/20 07:09 PM

I think Don will be back. He is just taking a break-at least that is my understanding.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/20/20 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By DonM
I don't post in the Bar and I don't read the bar and I resent my posts being moved to the bar. I don't come here to discuss politics but sometimes feel I have to defend MY president when he is attacked.
I am just about finished here, and I'm taking a break from SZ to cool off.
My friends know where to find me to discuss arrangers or whatever, except politics.

Don you already knew that when threads became political I would move them to The Bar. But if you didn't want that you only had to ask me. I will restore it for you then.

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/20/20 09:32 AM

I didn't know it was you who moved it Nigel. It's your forum and I respect your decision. I won't be following that post anyway, so it doesn't matter where it is. Since the original poster announced that it was moved, I assumed it was he who moved it. Maybe that is not even possible.
The Bar is the proper place for all political posts, imo.

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/20/20 10:03 AM

I totally agree, and the General Arranger Forum is the proper place forDon Mason to be ...
Please stick around, Don ...
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/20/20 11:47 AM

Fully agree. 👍
Again Nigel show us his visdom as an excellent administrator. 👌
Posted by: dlstarry

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/20/20 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa

I totally agree, and the General Arranger Forum is the proper place forDon Mason to be ...
Please stick around, Don ...

Yes Don stick around, I already miss ya.
We need ya here.
Denny
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/20/20 07:19 PM

Gosh Don, it must be nice to be loved and wanted sooooo much, John C.
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/22/20 12:13 PM

Nigel made the right move in moving that topic to the Bar where you can talk Politics all you want.
Don,
We WANT you on this forum!
We NEED you on this forum!
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...oh wait, sorry, just watched that movie again smile

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/22/20 01:35 PM

Thank you. Nigel did make the right move. Then, trying to placate me, he moved it back again.
I have not left, but I've got a lot going on right now, and it's a good time to take a little break.
I appreciate all the good thoughts and I probably over-reacted.

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/22/20 02:47 PM

... I probably over-reacted.

I don't think you did, Don, but we can talk about that in private sometime ...
Hope all is well with you and the family ...
God Bless
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/22/20 03:14 PM

Welcome back Don we need you..
Posted by: dlstarry

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/22/20 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Welcome back Don we need you..

Denny
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Resent post being moved - 05/24/20 10:40 AM

Glad you're still here!