I was in a Jazzy Mood.....

Posted by: Dnj

I was in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 11:51 AM

With nothing to do today and no keyboard no where to be found in my studio at the moment I decided to get into a short Jazzy Groove Mood
using only my Mixcraft Pro 9 DAW loops and some inspiration.
Maybe Chas could add a little Hammond organ track on top
to spice it up a bit?.. cool2

https://app.box.com/s/x5bkcmm8dmiflwqvd1h8ky2fhv9qra0w
Posted by: Harold123

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 01:15 PM

Whens your SD-60 coming? Harold
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 01:15 PM

Donny ... nice groove, but I'm sure chas - or anyone else - would need more than 24 seconds to get 'warmed up ... wink

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 01:51 PM

Tony..
Maybe you can fill in a
few organ licks.

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By Harold123
Whens your SD-60 coming? Harold

Harold you're mixing me up with with uncle Dave.. There will no Ketron kbs in my future..

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Tony..
Maybe you can fill in a
few organ licks.

Donny, you would do a better job than I ... plus, I don't have a swell/expression pedal, so I would not want to upset the purists ...
and I am NOT talking about chas wink ...
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 05:25 PM

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 05:34 PM

Fran disappointed thought you would at least use the great G70 organs to add a track to it?
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
I decided to get into a short Jazzy Groove Mood using only my Mixcraft Pro 9 DAW

So, what is the creation process here ... assembling audio loops? Guess the T4 is gone, huh? What's next?

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 06:46 PM

Dave Glad you enjoyed it...
Until this virus is over I will not post any more music.
I can see everyone is in a bad mood.

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj

Donny ... I think that is far too broad a statement ... just sayin' ...
Posted by: DonM

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 09:06 PM

Not me, I'm not in a bad mood. I'm in a good mood. I have an EA7 and happy with it.
...for now. smile

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/25/20 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj

WHAAAAAAAT?

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 05:49 AM

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj

WHAAAAAAAT?

so what I don't have an arranger or any keyboard in my stable at the moment?... but your missing the point that even without a physical instrument per say I wanted to show that you can still create music as I have done. Then Maybe just maybe some members would like to join in and input a small part to add to what I have done. But no instead it turns into a circus act of the usual why, how,what, etc, etc..
I know as musicians & as human beings we are ALL hurting with what is going on, but I though that maybe just maybe a small collaboration musically could take you mind off it and we could do something together instead of angry rhetoric. And to answer anyone's question I really don't know at this time what direction I want to go at this time. Is that so hard to understand? Unless something "totally new" is ever released I am not buying another arranger keyboard,... that I know. At this time I am experimenting with different options, and ideas for creating music, but honestly I am just bored with what is out there now in arrangers of which I have had too many in the past style wise,
and feature wise, etc, I love and always have loved the concept of an arranger but I guess I burned myself out trying them all for now. Nothing excites me at the moment. The NEW Roland Fantom interests me a little but seems very complicated and I am too arranger lazy to dig in to that fantastic synth keyboard. The Ketron Launchpad looks amazing too. My Mixcraft DAW fill my needs and it's fun to play with, loops, sounds, etc, using my small Arthuria MiniLab MKII 25 key controller https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe46YZEjtdA if it ever gets here from back order frown . So in conclusion lets stop being angry, support each other and we will get through this at some point. Meanwhile my pursuit for gear happiness goes on. Keep watching my Icon for info. Now would some one please post some music I'd love to hear it....
stay safe and carry on.. cool2

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj
lets stop being angry, support each other and we will get through this at some point. Meanwhile my pursuit for gear happiness goes on.

I don't get where you think anyone is angry? There's tons of support and creation going on. YOUR post sounds angry, and defensive. No need for that, my friend.

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 07:38 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj
lets stop being angry, support each other and we will get through this at some point. Meanwhile my pursuit for gear happiness goes on.

I don't get where you think anyone is angry? There's tons of support and creation going on. YOUR post sounds angry, and defensive. No need for that, my friend.

you totally missed my point but that is ok Dave....carry on.

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 07:44 AM

Donny, Dave beat me to it, but I am wondering the same thing, especially when you address it as 'everyone' ...

I said this:
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Donny ... nice groove, but I'm sure chas - or anyone else - would need more than 24 seconds to get 'warmed up ... wink

Is that something said in anger? - no, just my view that more than 24 seconds would be needed to lay down a track - I apologize if I'm wrong ...

I then said:
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Donny, you would do a better job than I ... plus, I don't have a swell/expression pedal, so I would not want to upset the purists ...
and I am NOT talking about chas wink ...

That also was not said in anger - I do not consider myself a soloist so I feel just about ANYONE could do a better job ... and let's be honest, there have been some who have posted 'organ' performances and others have commented about how it would be better if the person had used a swell/expression pedals ... I'm not dealing anger there, just stating a fact ...

I hope you have a wonderful day, and that is said in full sincerity ...

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj

you totally missed my point but that is ok Dave....carry on.

Perhaps I did also ...
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 08:04 AM

I'm not angry. I woke up this morning, still alive, it raining and just 48 degrees, the dogwoods are in bloom and last night a huge, gray fox walked past the outdoor video camera. I listened to your submission, thought it sounded like an intro for a song, and wondered why there was not more. It sounded OK, but no wow factor for me. But, of course, I'm not a jazz guy either - just a don-home, country boy at heart! wink

Now, why in the Hell did you get rid of the T4? IMO, it's among the best, high end arranger keyboards ever made - including the Genos. There is nothing you could not do, musically, with the T4, which has been clearly demonstrated by players all over the globe.

Buy yourself another S-675 and make some beautiful music,

Gary cool

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 08:04 AM

sometimes you can feel the anger without reading it..
Posted by: john smies

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 08:20 AM

Donny mate,

first of all I agree with the previous speaker, Gary that is.
You and I have been in email contact over the last couple of months so I trust you will take this in the spirit in which it is intended.
Why on earth would a professional entertainer even though he has gone on a pension make do with the VSTs from Mixcraft and a 25 keys Midi controller keyboard ? Is that why the tune only lasted 25 seconds ??!! ( ....joke).
Why, you have entertained masses of folks for over 40 years or so I gather, with all sorts of instruments. You can't entertain publicly anymore for the time being so either follow up Uncle Dave , get good gear and start entertaining the masses or (rather) go and please and entertain yourself. By at least getting a decent arranger keyboard ( why indeed flog the T4?) and add what you have always added, your great vocals !!!
So far all I have heard is the short interpretation of the Beatles firs hit and a few very old recordings/demos....I am sure you can do better than that !! And yes before you ask, as you know I am currently incapacitated due to my head problems but the next time I record a song I will send you the basic reocrdings in Mixcraft for you to work on and allow your creative juices to flow.....might take a while unfortunately.
Stay well , be safe, Make music !!!

regards
John

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I'm not angry. I woke up this morning, still alive, it raining and just 48 degrees, the dogwoods are in bloom and last night a huge, gray fox walked past the outdoor video camera. I listened to your submission, thought it sounded like an intro for a song, and wondered why there was not more. It sounded OK, but no wow factor for me. But, of course, I'm not a jazz guy either - just a don-home, country boy at heart! wink

Now, why in the Hell did you get rid of the T4? IMO, it's among the best, high end arranger keyboards ever made - including the Genos. There is nothing you could not do, musically, with the T4, which has been clearly demonstrated by players all over the globe.

Buy yourself another S-675 and make some beautiful music,

Gary cool

again Gary you missed the point like most...
that said I have a big dogwood in my front lawn
love it this time of year..
T4 sale is my business thanx for your concern
another S675 no way no how..
carry on stay safe

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By john smies

Donny mate,

first of all I agree with the previous speaker, Gary that is.
You and I have been in email contact over the last couple of months so I trust you will take this in the spirit in which it is intended.
Why on earth would a professional entertainer even though he has gone on a pension make do with the VSTs from Mixcraft and a 25 keys Midi controller keyboard ? Is that why the tune only lasted 25 seconds ??!! ( ....joke).
Why, you have entertained masses of folks for over 40 years or so I gather, with all sorts of instruments. You can't entertain publicly anymore for the time being so either follow up Uncle Dave , get good gear and start entertaining the masses or (rather) go and please and entertain yourself. By at least getting a decent arranger keyboard ( why indeed flog the T4?) and add what you have always added, your great vocals !!!
So far all I have heard is the short interpretation of the Beatles firs hit and a few very old recordings/demos....I am sure you can do better than that !! And yes before you ask, as you know I am currently incapacitated due to my head problems but the next time I record a song I will send you the basic reocrdings in Mixcraft for you to work on and allow your creative juices to flow.....might take a while unfortunately.
Stay well , be safe, Make music !!!

regards
John

John I appreciate your concern but it falls on deaf ears at this point...short demos are done for a reason...
but not going to get into that here
at least I post something instead of talking.
I see how this post totally backfired as usual
so I will remove the song and lessen my aggravation.
Gonna fire up my new BBQ and have lunch...
have a peaceful day everyone.

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj

"INSTEAD" of talking? With 43,000 posts (the highest) ... you certainly do more talking than anyone else. This IS a forum for conversation, after all. PLUS - most of your sonic posts are taken down, anyway.
I know you're struggling right now, and none of these struggles relate to CoVid isolation, so I will back waaaaaaay off, and let you find your way back to YOU.
Maybe by the end of May, when I take my road trip to see AJ, things will be better for you, and the "Three Amigos" can ride again .... down south I-95!

Re: I'm in a Jazzy Mood..... - 04/26/20 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj

"INSTEAD" of talking? With 43,000 posts (the highest) Jea

Jealousy will get you nowhere.. wink
struggling?...not really but let's just say
in a state of suspended animation. btw I cancelled the microlab 25.
common everyone there is more room to pile on I can take it.