Roland RD-88

Posted by: Fran Carango

Roland RD-88 - 04/17/20 02:45 PM

I am interested in this...What do you think ($1,199).
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/17/20 02:50 PM

What is tne weight of this unit... Sounds great
Posted by: dud

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/17/20 03:02 PM

very good for the price
Posted by: dud

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/17/20 03:03 PM

very good for the price

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/17/20 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj

29 pounds
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/17/20 03:36 PM

Fran, you did it again. I gotta have that board. It won't make me get rid of my Crumar SEVEN but the Studiologic Numa 2x....Now who's interested in a Studiologic Numa 2x? Like spankin' brand new, great price. Anyone familiar with the FP30 keybed? The demonstrater thinks they're the same. I hate you Fran.

chas

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/17/20 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Dnj

29 pounds

Thanx.... but I don't think I have any need for it good luck to all who buy one
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/17/20 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By cgiles
Fran, you did it again. I gotta have that board. It won't make me get rid of my Crumar SEVEN but the Studiologic Numa 2x....Now who's interested in a Studiologic Numa 2x? Like spankin' brand new, great price. Anyone familiar with the FP30 keybed? The demonstrater thinks they're the same. I hate you Fran.

chas

Chas
Playit the FP30 in a music store a few times between students and it has a very usable action. Never remember playing it and thinking I don't like the keybed. I ordered one and then before it came in I thought it's just for home so the extra weight won't matter and went up to the FP90. Its fantastic. Considering all the RD88 offers other than piano I think it looks like a great board for the money.

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/17/20 04:46 PM

Thanks Bill. That's exactly what I wanted to know. The keybed is very important to me (I like the keybeds on ALL my Roland boards (A33, A70, VP550, VP770, Fantom G7) and feel pretty comfortable buying this one without playing it first. I think the sounds are great and with the built in drum patterns and split/layer possibilities, it sounds like the perfect little in-the-office toy. I already have a great (extra) set of 8" studio monitors to compliment it.

chas

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/17/20 05:12 PM

Besides USB midi it also has the audio interface built in... along with 8 assign knobs and 2 wheels.. Perfect to use with our DAWs..

The only SN-A sounds are the Pianos and EP's.. But includes the new Zen engine...
Posted by: leeboy

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/17/20 05:45 PM

That's one heck of a kbd!
Would be nice to have below an arranger.
Lee

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/18/20 08:55 AM

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/20/20 12:14 PM

This guy has me seriously reconsidering purchasing the RD-88. I have it on pre-order but I may cancel it. He brings up enough negatives (ones that are important to me) to certainly give me pause. To be honest, I was never that impressed with the E.Pianos but wasn't too concerned since I had the SEVEN. But I'm not that impressed with the other sounds either (hence my interest in Mainstage). It won't be available for awhile so I have time to give it some serious thought. As a known compulsive buyer, I'm sort of glad to have some extra time to think about it.

Got anything else for me Fran? smile smile

chas

Re: Roland RD-88 - 04/20/20 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By cgiles
This guy has me seriously reconsidering purchasing the RD-88. I have it on pre-order but I may cancel it. He brings up enough negatives (ones that are important to me) to certainly give me pause. To be honest, I was never that impressed with the E.Pianos but wasn't too concerned since I had the SEVEN. But I'm not that impressed with the other sounds either (hence my interest in Mainstage). It won't be available for awhile so I have time to give it some serious thought. As a known compulsive buyer, I'm sort of glad to have some extra time to think about it.

Got anything else for me Fran? smile smile

chas

Chas, this guy is technically challenged smile I watched so many of his reviews.. just for a laugh. If you want to see what I am talking about..watch his videos. grin

He is a novice that is classically trained.