SD7 test recording

Posted by: Dnj

SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 08:06 AM

https://app.box.com/s/a35ajorjh4d0mekzjbgq6r14rkxtoiz6

Here is a short Rock & Roll demo when I had my SD7's

my 2 cents...I'd prefer it in a studio setting
for it's sounds, styles, recording into a DAW etc,..
...not for live play just not navigationaly feature
friendly enough for me.
Prince AJ was always there if you needed help too.

Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: My Ketron SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 01:56 PM

Sounds pretty darned good, Donny. That growl sax was hot and the organs were outrageous. smile

Gary cool

Re: My Ketron SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 02:48 PM

Gary thanx for that,.. appreciate it old buddy..
at least someone listened....

all the best
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: My Ketron SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Gary thanx for that,.. appreciate it old buddy..
at least someone listened....
all the best

C'mon, Donny that's just life as we know it on SZ ... nothing personal ... I had 377 'view' my post with "Through the Years" and there were 12 responses - 6 were from members commenting about the song, 3 were from ME responding to them, 2 were from 124 regarding a vid he posted on the thread (not a problem 124, BTW it was cool) and 1 was you commenting on 124's vid ... grin

Anyway, the SD7 sounded very good ...

Not to take this off track, but I remember YEARS ago, while on a trip to Cleveland, I stopped in at DanO's studio and he played what I believe was an SD1 at the time ... it blew me away ...
No doubt, Ketron makes a great product ...
Posted by: DonM

Re: My Ketron SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 04:26 PM

I nearly always get around to listening to all the songs posted by members here, but I'm not just sitting here waiting for the posts. Sometimes takes a day or two to get to 'em.
But you're right, when I post a song, it is usually the same handful of nice guys listening and commenting, and there may be a hundred views. But that's all right.
BTW I did listen to this one Donny and it is great, as always.
No arguing with the live sound of the Ketrons.

Re: My Ketron SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 05:03 PM

Thanks Don.... Agreed you can really rock on a Sd7..
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 05:24 PM

Donny are you looking for constructive comments?
If so I will post why I don't like the demo..If not I will let it go smile

Re: SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 05:33 PM

Fran at this point I don't really care,... The temperature on SZ lately has changed so much it takes all the inspiration out of the music posted and why we all can't enjoy it.....

So go ahead Fran let's hear your in depth constructive review?

Re: SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Fran at this point I don't really care,... The temperature on SZ lately has changed so much it takes all the inspiration out of the music posted and why we all can't enjoy it.....

So go ahead Fran let's hear your in depth constructive review?

My comments were going to be suggestions that would allow the SD7 to sound like the real thing.. Your demo would have illustrated what I was going to suggest. I will discuss this privately and If you like.. you can post it , if you think it would be beneficial.
Posted by: jingleman

Re: SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 05:52 PM

Donny...sounds great as usual. Keep the performances comin’. It brightens my day.
Mitch

Re: SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 05:55 PM

"So go ahead Fran let's hear your in depth constructive review?"

Oh, what the heck, you'll get over it smile

Even a simple 3 chord rock and roll tune can benefit from these three suggestions..

(1)Even rock piano uses dynamics on piano(adjust the keys to react to your playing), and sustain pedal is usually a must..

(2)Wide open "growl" sax will sound more realistic with variations within the sound (again dynamics), and you got to take a breath smile

(3) Organ players always use a volume (expression) pedal..

Now that wasn't so bad..was it? grin
Posted by: DonM

Re: SD7 test recording - 03/27/20 06:17 PM

Most of us are guilty of some or all of those. Mostly when my sax player forgets to breathe it's because I'm thinking of something else instead of playing.
I never use a volume pedal. Better if I did I suppose but I only have two feet.
Only in recent years have I used a sustain pedal much. Never played piano, and they didn't have them for organ, so I never learned. Now I purposely make myself use it and I'm getting slighter better with it.

Re: SD7 test recording - 03/28/20 05:01 AM

Thank you ALL for the private messages.
Posted by: saxxman

Re: SD7 test recording - 03/28/20 05:56 AM

Donny - haven't had a Ketron (yet) but thanks for the great demo of the SD7 sounds and styles! Very nice demo and a very nice arranger too!

Re: SD7 test recording - 03/28/20 06:41 AM

Originally Posted By saxxman
Donny - haven't had a Ketron (yet) but thanks for the great demo of the SD7 sounds and styles! Very nice demo and a very nice arranger too!

Randy thanx for the listen,....
I would think as a Sax player/with vocals
and using a Ketron SD90 module for backing
would be the ultimate rig..