OT - "Imagine"

Posted by: saxxman

OT - "Imagine" - 03/27/20 06:51 AM

Very nice performance - does he have perfect pitch? Sure is a nice performance of this wonderful song.

Posted by: Dnj

Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition - 03/27/20 07:37 AM

Randy nice sentiment...but really,
I just got blasted by all of you for just having a mask icon,
reminding people of the crisis.....
but it's ok to post virus videos...?
what am I missing here..

Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition - 03/27/20 07:48 AM

Donny - I didn't blast you on your Avatar - I personally don't have any problems with anyone's avatars. Posted this video because it represents a view of our (musical) society given the constraints we are all faced with. Hopefully the virus scares will diminish very soon - and the world can come back to normalcy again. Best wishes for all SZ'ers and their families as we all go through this roller coaster together.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition - 03/27/20 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj

I just got blasted by all of you for just having a mask icon,
reminding people of the crisis....

Donny, I didn't blast you. I politely asked you to consider the thoughts of someone else, due to the fact that your avatar shows up every time you post, which is much more often than a random post of a video. No one is asking for apathy to our crisis, but rather, positivity in it's presence. I'm glad you're back, but please don't get your feathers ruffled at this. It's not worth it.

Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition - 03/27/20 07:58 AM

Whatever....I just had to make my feelings known..
nothing against Randy personally ...
it was directed in general.
the people know who they are.
Posted by: cgiles

Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition - 03/27/20 08:58 AM

We're faced with one of the biggest crisis in the last century, one that threatens all of society, and you're complaining about some perceived slight. Jeez, how petty and self-absorbed can one be. If ever there was a time to put these petty squabbles aside and embrace each other in this common struggle, it is now. I think most of the people here get that.

chas

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/27/20 09:09 AM

For Chas - Though not current - here is a video (2009) that I dusted off and posted on Facebook. Same song, different time.... Tyros 2 and Tenor Sax... Hope you like it. Still planning to post a "current duo soon"....

Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/27/20 09:10 AM

smooooooooth!

Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition - 03/27/20 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By cgiles
We're faced with one of the biggest crisis in the last century, one that threatens all of society, and you're complaining about some perceived slight. Jeez, how petty and self-absorbed can one be. If ever there was a time to put these petty squabbles aside and embrace each other in this common struggle, it is now. I think most of the people here get that.

chas

I figured you were lurking in the wings on this one Chas..
if it was petty no one should of told me to
remove the mask icon in the first place..
I was just past it but you love to revamp as usual.
Posted by: cgiles

Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition - 03/27/20 10:41 AM

Just beautiful, Randy. I love to see/hear performances by people who have mastered not only their instruments but their craft. The Arranger does just what it's supposed to do, provide the most compatible and complimentary accompaniment for the lead or solo instrument (or vocalist). This almost always works best when the same person is doing both. As a side note, although I never used it much, it reminded me of how good my old (still have it) T2 CAN sound. For those guys that play another instrument, I'd love to hear some postings featuring that instrument over a tasteful arranger background.

Thanks again Randy, luv that sax.

chas

Re: OT - "Imagine" Corona Virus Edition - 03/27/20 10:48 AM

Thanks Chas! Yes, the T2 was/is still a workhorse and a joy to play. It was a fun video and hopefully soon I will put one together with the latest Yammie in the shack! Thanks for listening and the kind words!
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: OT - "Imagine" - 03/27/20 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By saxxman
Very nice performance - does he have perfect pitch? Sure is a nice performance of this wonderful song

Hi Randy
have to agree, nice performance.
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/27/20 11:48 AM

For Chas - Though not current - here is a video (2009) that I dusted off and posted on Facebook. Same song, different time.... Tyros 2 and Tenor Sax... Hope you like it. Still planning to post a "current duo soon"....

Brilliant Randy, really enjoyed it.

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/27/20 12:04 PM

Thanks to all for the listens and the kind words. Wishing you all have blessed and safe days ahead!
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/27/20 12:20 PM

Tasty!

And appropriate.

Thanks,

Russ

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/27/20 01:03 PM

Randy very nice saxing..
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/27/20 04:23 PM

Randy, I can only echo what everyone else has said ... THANK YOU ...
Posted by: DonM

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/27/20 04:31 PM

I don't remember if I commented on this, but now I have. smile
Great work, as we have come to expect from you!
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/27/20 04:44 PM

Randy,

Wonderful!

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/27/20 07:07 PM

Russ, Tony, Donny, Don, and Steve - thanks so much guys for the listens! Soooo much wonderful music and soooooo little time! Yep, hard to believe that was 2009. Seems like just last week. Thanks again for the kind words and the listens!
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/27/20 08:08 PM

Smooth as silk, Randy smile

Re: OT - "Imagine" - Mall Performance - No Crowd - 03/28/20 04:28 AM

Yep, hard to believe that was 2009. Seems like just last week. Thanks again for the kind words and the listens!

maybe rerecord using the sx900 & sax and a new style could be fun.