Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond

Posted by: Dnj

Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/13/20 06:21 AM

cool2
Posted by: saxxman

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/13/20 07:45 AM

Thanks Donny - nice find! SX700 sounding good!

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/13/20 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By saxxman

Thanx Randy really shows what it sounds like by real players vs studio enhanced produced demos.. As it should.. Take care
Posted by: zuki

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/13/20 08:44 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj

Thanx Randy really shows what it sounds like by real players vs studio enhanced produced demos.. As it should.. Take care

Here we go again! What does studio enhanced produced demos really mean?

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/14/20 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By zuki
Originally Posted By Dnj

Here we go again! What does studio enhanced produced demos really mean?

It means it is produced almost perfectly visually and sonicly for the purpose of selling the product to the consumer...

Ever see a Hamburger commercial on TV it looks sooooooo good and delicious, the juices flowing out in slow motion?....then when you go to the drive in and get a burger and open it somehow it does not look like the one in the commercial? eek2 but instead it looks like someone stepped on it soggy smashed roll, etc, etc, .....
now you get my drift about studio enhanced professionally produced keyboard demo videos...just sayin'

wouldn't you rather hear what it sounds like in the real world? headphone

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/14/20 05:53 AM

Funny analogy smile

No - I don't want my board to sound different than the great studio enhanced performances. If it doesn't produce live (like Harris showcases), then I wouldn't be happy.

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/14/20 05:58 AM

Funny analogy smile

No - I don't want my board to sound different than the great studio enhanced performances. If it doesn't produce live (like Harris showcases), then I wouldn't be happy.

Honestly Zuki I wouldn't have those expectations
as that is what those studio produced demos are designed to do
draw you in and buy.....
get one try it keep or return it...
yes the sx700/900/genos, are great arrangers but you have to make them that way ...
OOTB ain't gonna cut it for me,
but it can be done once you dig in
and do your homework however long that takes.

good luck

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/14/20 06:03 AM

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/14/20 06:03 AM

Donny, your vision makes me nervous. I will keep this thing boxed up until I think it over.
Posted by: Harold123

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/14/20 06:33 AM

Zuki...I like Bonners demos He tells You what changes He makes if any...When Your selling Them You have to keep Your reputation in tack!...Harold... Good Luck My Friend
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/14/20 07:29 AM

This is all well and good to say the merchants put their best foot forward and not to expect the same when you open it up. You must ask yourself in what area is yours deficient. I assume they cherry pick songs to demo,maybe tweek the sounds;maybe not. Some demonstrators are very good,playing their best stuff. If one is disappointed,is it because you can't play like them on their chosen songs?-A little unrealistic.

We are all somewhat the same,but different. Donny is very picky,and that's not a put down. I look at basic sound,features,and reliability,with the idea of OOTB is as bad as it can get,and up from there.

With this said,I have never been so delighted with the sound of a keyboard as I have with the SX900,since my old Audya days. Everything is balanced with the thought that most customers are not going deep into the machine,and that's good,because that is Korg territory. The effects and styles,to me, are great. Nuff said

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/14/20 07:29 AM

Donny, your vision makes me nervous. I will keep this thing boxed up until I think it over.

Give it really good test run the only way you going to find out. If it's really for you. For a couple of days you could always send it back.... but you might like it. Don't overthink it. Good luck.
Posted by: leeboy

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/14/20 08:06 AM

I wish he would share his registration for that Organ...
I like it....
Posted by: john smies

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/14/20 08:46 AM

Thanks Donny for the AC Hamilton video. Reminds again how very poor both sound out of the box, although admittedly the Yamaha fares a lot better than the Korg. You know I have played Korg arrangers for nigh on 20 years now but I can never imagine that folks who are unable or unwilling to tweak in great depth would be tempted to buy a Korg arranger. By contrast Yamaha have virtually geared their arrangers and most definitely the SX series to the home entertainer who basically does not want to do any tweaking or progamming whatsoever. That having said of course does not main that a professional entertainer would not be able to avail himself of the SX, like for instance Uncle Dave does...

regards
John

P.S. why on earth do they forever keep harking back to the guitar songs by the Shadows, like e.g. Apache, etc. We already knew with the release of the Tyros 2 that they sound much better and closer to the original on the Yamahas.....but it being songs well over 60 years old they do tend to get over exposed in my view......

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/15/20 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By john smies

P.S. why on earth do they forever keep harking back to the guitar songs by the Shadows, like e.g. Apache, etc. We already knew with the release of the Tyros 2 that they sound much better and closer to the original on the Yamahas.....but it being songs well over 60 years old they do tend to get over exposed in my view......

Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Yamaha psr Sx700 Jazz Organ Hammond - 02/15/20 08:41 AM

I loved it,well, because I am over sixty I guess. Also,Telmo has a great creative gift,as well as know how to blend in the other sounds. I think his ambient intro is outstanding. He sure makes that SX900 sound super.