Playing instruments with your voice

Posted by: Bachus

Playing instruments with your voice - 01/17/20 06:28 PM

Interesting piece of technollogy, the program translates your voice into midi notes..
Posted by: ZootAllures

Re: Playing instruments with your voice - 01/17/20 11:10 PM

Perhaps the technology has improved enough to make it somewhat useful ? This was a feature all the way back to XG works, which I purchased perhaps 20 years or so ago. It did not work particularly well.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Playing instruments with your voice - 01/18/20 01:03 AM

It sounds interesting to me,but I am wondering if you can emulate an instrument with your voice without the voice being heard as well. I use a DM48 harmonica wind device that works the same way,but emits no sound on it's own.

Re: Playing instruments with your voice - 01/18/20 04:12 AM

I went for the $25 standard beta app. The disadvantage,compared to my MIDI harmonica,is that it is DAW based. This means I have to use a computer with an installed music app. I have vst's on my ipad,which is almost ready in beta. We'll see.

The question of voice and instrument sounding together is a moot point because of the amplification of the latter.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Playing instruments with your voice - 01/18/20 06:25 AM

In the end what we want is arranger software that analyzes a song, transfers it to midi tracks and allows to use these midi tracks in styles/multipads..

Re: Playing instruments with your voice - 01/18/20 08:27 AM

That would be fine,but I want an alternative midi route to a RH channel that can be sent the same way as a midi wind controller,with the mic being converted to a midi signal. The app can be in a DAW or stand alone,but has to be housed in a computer at the present state of development.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Playing instruments with your voice - 01/18/20 08:55 AM

Definitely not for me ....
but enjoy if you indulge in that kind of thing.
Thanxk for sharing

right now I'm in the middle of a big snow storm

Re: Playing instruments with your voice - 01/18/20 12:08 PM

Donny
You astonish me. You are the one who advocates going for anything that entertains the people. I wouldn't use the term "indulge",as if it was slimy trick.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Playing instruments with your voice - 01/18/20 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Donny
You astonish me. You are the one who advocates going for anything that entertains the people. I wouldn't use the term "indulge",as if it was slimy trick.

Bernie in no way was I being offensive or thinking along those slimy lines forgive me.....I'm just not into that sought of thing.
I watched the demo just out of curiosity but it didn't get me excited.

take care.
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: Playing instruments with your voice - 01/18/20 01:55 PM

Bernie, that DM48 looks way cool! How do you like it?

Re: Playing instruments with your voice - 01/18/20 01:56 PM

Donny

I know it. I was just pulling your chain. To each his own old buddy.

Re: Playing instruments with your voice - 01/19/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By Beakybird
Bernie, that DM48 looks way cool! How do you like it?

It is a quality controller all the way. I simply chose R2 on the Pa4X,Sx900,or SD40,and it comes through like a champ. Other users don't have access to keyboards,and consequently,the many great sound choices. For non compliant devices I use my Kenton Midi USB host.

For me,it allows for more realistic playing on strings,sax,etc,but allows me to play most anything by ear. For some reason,I have always been able to play most anything on harmonica. It even sounds great for piano and guitar,mono or poly.