My SX 900 Style Library download

Posted by: rikkisbears

My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 11:16 AM

Hi Guys,
I spent the first few weeks putting together my style library ie
Went thru all the factory T3 to T5 series, psr3000 thru to psrs 970 and deleted the duplicates .
Basically ended up with a few hundred styles that aren’t on the sx900 itself.
( couple may have sneaked thru haha)

Joe has put them on the psr tutorial site for download.

https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/psr-sx900.html

Enjoy.

Please note,
I think one actually has to be a member of psr forum and signed in to access them.
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 11:57 AM

I created a zip of T5 and Genos (converted to T5) styles that are not on the SX900, and I uploaded this as an attachment to a post I made yesterday at the PSR tutorial forum.

I have all of those older styles, and I don't have the time to look for duplicates. Being an organized style librarian can take hours, and I'd rather spend my time making music than adding an OTS to every converted style that has a missing voice.

I haven't posted here for a while, but I bought two SX900's. One came, and the other one's coming. I love the assignable buttons. Very happy overall.
Posted by: saxxman

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 12:07 PM

Congrats Beaky on the new board! Yes, the SX900 is a great instrument!

Thanks Rikki for your help in getting the style libraries out there!

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By Beakybird
I created a zip of T5 and Genos (converted to T5) styles that are not on the SX900, and I uploaded this as an attachment to a post I made yesterday at the PSR tutorial forum.

I have all of those older styles, and I don't have the time to look for duplicates. Being an organized style librarian can take hours, and I'd rather spend my time making music than adding an OTS to every converted style that has a missing voice.

I haven't posted here for a while, but I bought two SX900's. One came, and the other one's coming. I love the assignable buttons. Very happy overall.

Hi Beaky,
Congratulations on the new SX 900’s.

I actually did go thru all the styles going back to the T 1 thru to T5 , psr 3000. Thru to psr 970. The only ones I didn’t add to the download are the Genos.

You’d probably have a record of what your Genos ones are? So that would only leave checking the T5 duplicates?

I thought I had a couple of hundred, but, when Joe posted them it turned out to be closer to 600..

None of them should be Sx900 duplicates. Maybe an odd one got by me, there were some name changes thru the various keyboards.

Basically I auditioned over 4,000 styles to end up with what I have.
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 01:26 PM

Hi Rikki,

Thank you for your most wonderful collection and download, it is very much appreciated indeed smile

Congrats Beaky on, not one but TWO SX900s!!! I have a T4 and SX900 so that's close enough !!!

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By saxxman

Thanks Rikki for your help in getting the style libraries out there!

Hi Randy,
I got in touch with Joe a week or so ago. Basically I think he has stopped adding downloads to the site, probably too much stuff available, not enough space.
He ended up getting an SX900, himself a few days ago. Sent him a copy of the library, and he decided it was worth putting on the site.

Figured since I went to all the effort, might as well share it with other new sx owners, saves them having to duplicate the work I did.

Sx, just gets better and better. Haha

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By DannyUK
Hi Rikki,

Thank you for your most wonderful collection and download, it is very much appreciated indeed smile

Congrats Beaky on, not one but TWO SX900s!!! I have a T4 and SX900 so that's close enough !!!

You’re welcome Danny.

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Hi Randy,
I got in touch with Joe a week or so ago. Basically I think he has stopped adding downloads to the site, probably too much stuff available, not enough space.
He ended up getting an SX900, himself a few days ago. Sent him a copy of the library, and he decided it was worth putting on the site.

Figured since I went to all the effort, might as well share it with other new sx owners, saves them having to duplicate the work I did.

Sx, just gets better and better. Haha

Thanks again Rikki - I know that was a ton of work! You spent a lot of time and effort and it shows! Thanks again for your contribution and welcome Beaky to the SX900 users' group! Have fun with that thing and I know you will have fun gigging with it too! Enjoy!

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 02:02 PM

Our numbers are growing, Randy. Haha

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 03:41 PM

Our numbers are growing, Randy. Haha

"SX900 Happiness" loves company! smile Just sayin'!
Posted by: bruno123

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 03:51 PM

Rikki and Beaky, your sharing shows who you are.

Thank you so much, John C.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/02/19 03:54 PM

Beaky, how will you use your second Sx900, or is it just a back-up?

John C.

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/03/19 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By bruno123
Beaky, how will you use your second Sx900, or is it just a back-up?

John C.

I perform for seniors throughout the Chicago region, so that will be my foremost use. It really helps to have two identical keyboards. Gigging every day, I don't want to be having to bring a keyboard in every evening and setting it up and then taking it down the next morning. With an identical keyboard, if I create a registration or setting on my SX900 at home, I can save it to USB and plug it in and call it up at my gig.

Also, everything breaks eventually, and it's good to know that I can be at my best if a keyboard has to go into the shop for a week or two.

I like writing songs on the guitar and the piano. Since I got the SX900, I've been enjoying just hearing the awesome drum sounds and playing along with my digital piano + Pianoteq VST.

The drums on this thing are really at another level.

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/03/19 04:34 PM

Rikkisbears:

Your post and download disappeared from the PSRTutorial website probably due to copyright complaint from Yamaha or maybe they were being proactive. Could you maybe post it on Dropbox? I was going to download it this evening.

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/03/19 05:03 PM

Hi Beaky,
I think we both got moved for posting in wrong part of forum
We should have posted here, not in sx forum.
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,53185.0.html

I too thought eek! Then found my original post in a different section of forum.

My styles are downloadable from here, hopefully it shouldn’t take you too long to sort thru, mine didn’t include genos,
I made a choice between T5 and T4 With some versions of the exact style, the T5 sounded better than T4 and vice versa.
Another quick way of checking an identical style is the no. of bytes ie Iisted them in my laptop.

Download

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/03/19 05:15 PM

Hi Beaky,

My styles are downloadable from here, hopefully it shouldn’t take you too long to sort thru, mine didn’t include genos,
I made a choice between T5 and T4 With some versions of the exact style, the T5 sounded better than T4 and vice versa.
Another quick way of checking an identical style is the no. of bytes ie Iisted them in my laptop.

Download

Rikki: The download link is gone from that page.

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/03/19 05:25 PM

[quote=rikkisbears]Hi Beaky,

Download
Rikki: The download link is gone from that page.

Hi Beaky, they’re towards the bottom of the page, under the style listings

Just press the gold link above.

Rikki’s style collection for sx900 592 styles

Maybe you have to be signed in at the psr forum at the same time, or you don’t see them?

Weird , because they are showing up for me.

If you still don’t have any luck, send me a PM with your email.

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/03/19 07:32 PM

For some reason, I had to reload the page for it to appear, and I am signed in. Weird + so sorry for troubling you.

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/03/19 09:42 PM

For some reason, I had to reload the page for it to appear, and I am signed in. Weird + so sorry for troubling you.

Hi Beaky,
No trouble at all. Hopefully you find some extra styles that suit.
Posted by: lahawk

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/04/19 06:03 PM

Thanks Rikki, you're the best. Going through all those styles...wow
And congrats on the SX- 900 Beaky, and thank you too for the styles. Curious as to how you both use the assignable buttons (topic link)

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/04/19 06:14 PM

I downloaded Rikkisbears collection and added the styles unique to the Genos. It's a definitive collection.
You know, I haven't done my first gig yet with the SX900. I'm waiting for my second SX900 to arrive. As far as the assignable buttons, I plan on using Talk On/Off, Fade out perhaps, half fill on/off.
I use a MIDI activated footswitch so I use one pedal to activate the vocal harmonizer, one pedal for sustain, and one for fill to self. It's an amazing keyboard!

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/04/19 06:20 PM

I echo the "Thanks" to Rikki! Lots of hard work with wonderful utility! So thanks Rikki!

Beaky - congrats again! Keep us posted on your progress and have fun w/the SX900's!

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/04/19 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By lahawk
Thanks Rikki, you're the best. Going through all those styles...wow
And congrats on the SX- 900 Beaky, and thank you too for the styles. Curious as to how you both use the assignable buttons (topic link)

You’re welcome Larry.

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/04/19 10:06 PM

I downloaded Rikkisbears collection and added the styles unique to the Genos. It's a definitive collection.
You know, I haven't done my first gig yet with the SX900. I'm waiting for my second SX900 to arrive. As far as the assignable buttons, I plan on using Talk On/Off, Fade out perhaps, half fill on/off.
I use a MIDI activated footswitch so I use one pedal to activate the vocal harmonizer, one pedal for sustain, and one for fill to self. It's an amazing keyboard!

Yep, it’s a pretty amazing keyboard. Had no idea how handy those registrations were going to be, and the stuff that one can save in them.

Re: My SX 900 Style Library download - 12/04/19 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By saxxman
I echo the "Thanks" to Rikki! Lots of hard work with wonderful utility! So thanks Rikki!

Beaky - congrats again! Keep us posted on your progress and have fun w/the SX900's!

You’re welcome Randy.
Even if only a few get used, I think they were worth rescuing.