...and French Mark (demo)

Posted by: Mark79100

...and French Mark (demo) - 11/25/19 11:03 PM

Probably the only time I ever played this song without a mistake somewhere! I only played half of the entire song because I couldn't sustain that speed on a horizontal keyboard!
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 05:04 AM

Interesting tune. You didn't mention what keyboard. If its an Arranger the sound was very convincing.
How,s the piano project going ?
Posted by: cgiles

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 05:15 AM

Very nice, Mark. I like the concept of taking a tune that is technically challenging and practicing it until we master it. Our natural tendency is to play either easy tunes or tunes that we like a lot and are comfortable with. It takes a lot of discipline to go outside those boundaries. Like Bill, I too am curious about the instruments used. It really WAS very convincing.

chas
Posted by: Harold123

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 05:26 AM

I really liked that Mark!...Not a easy song to play....I was 10 when I took accordion Lessons...Wish I still had it...Harold
Posted by: montunoman

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 05:32 AM

Wow, that’s very impressive Mark! Just curious, did you learn that from written music or by ear ?
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 10:43 AM

Thumbs up, for sure!

R.
Posted by: saxxman

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 11:18 AM

Excellent job Mark! Wow - sounded like something you would hear in Germany. Wonderful instrument blend and wonderful technical runs! Loved it! Thanks!
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 11:32 AM

Hi Mark,
that sounded brilliant.
One could just imagine sitting in a little French cafe being serenaded by the accordion player.
Backing nice and simple so it doesn’t detract from the accordion .

Know you have a PA3X, did you use it, if not, what did you use?
Posted by: DonM

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 12:42 PM

Nice work for sure!
Posted by: bruno123

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 12:50 PM

Mark, I love that type of music, and you do it well, John C.

PS, I would love to hear you on the accordion.
Posted by: sparky589

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 02:05 PM

Very nicely done. It is indeed difficult for an accordion player to match dexterity on a horizontal keyboard but you have done it extremely well.

Hearing the music makes me miss my accordions I had to recently part with...
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 02:24 PM

Beautiful, Mark ... thank you ...
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/26/19 02:49 PM

Another cafe au lait please. Yup sounds like something you'd hear in a French cafe. Nice work Mark!
Posted by: Mark79100

Re: ...and French Mark (demo) - 11/29/19 03:54 PM

Thanks guys....no response in the beginning.....I was beginning to feel "unimportant" in the group since, at best, I'm probably only on the border of being an "inner core" member.

If I'm correct, most of us artistic people need to hear positive reviews of our work, no matter what level you're at. You need to hear it from your "peers" and NOT your audience as the "peers" are out in the field with you....not on the outside looking in to the (music) field!

Bill....it's an arranger...I don't remember which....but I don't think I've ever played an arranger that didn't have an authentic "musette" sound. The miracle of electronics. Piano project....that's something else. I'm going to open a new topic on that when I get time.

Chas, you wrote: "Our natural tendency is to play either easy tunes or tunes that we like a lot and are comfortable with."

Mark: you forgot to add: "...especially in the keys of C and F."

Chas: "I too am curious about the instruments used. It really WAS very convincing."

Mark: IMO, it was "convincing" because you're not just listening to the sound, you're listening to how an accordionist would play French Musette music. No different than most keyboards have great sax sounds, but they have to be played as a saxophonist thinketh.

Paul: an interesting situation you brought up. I couldn't find written sheet music for that song, but I liked it so much that I transcribed it. A few years later.....I found it in sheet music form. If anyone wants it I have it here.

Rikki...the PA3x musette accordion sounds just as good as an actual accordion (if played properly).

Mark: One of the few things I DO like about the PA3x!

Sparky wrote: "It is indeed difficult for an accordion player to match dexterity on a horizontal keyboard"

Mark: That goes even further. Most musette music is meant to be played on a button accordion even....NOT on a accordion with piano keys. Reason being the button accordion buttons are grouped in such a way that you can play the (usually) fast runs without hardly moving your hand.

I've been able to play these songs on the piano, ONLY because I use the finger technique method I'm always going on about (power of the mind principles).

But, seriously....again....thanks for your feedback. I really was beginning to feel "unimportant" without that peer recognition!

Mark