Interesting New Entry from Medeli

Posted by: salsaman

Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/09/19 12:33 PM

I contacted Sam Ash music and the Medeli AKX10 is going to be available at the first of 2020. No prices yet. Here is a link to the "users manual" for those that are interested to look it over.

It looks like it has some pretty nice features.

http://www.medeli.com.hk/x10
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/09/19 12:53 PM

wasn't this posted a few days ago look on page 2 here?..

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/479839/2
Posted by: screenshot

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/09/19 02:14 PM

i had a medeli about 2 years ago..didnt cost too much about £100..only got it to tinker about on..a few important specs stated were not actually true...said it was 128 polyphony..but i didn't think it was...plus it kept freezing all the time..gave it away to a neighbour in the end... maybe i got a duff one..but the name medeli kind of puts me off any cheapo purchase now
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/09/19 02:40 PM

Hi,
never heard of them. So I had a look on google,came up with a $6,400 digital baby grand.Be a bit of a worry, not sold generally thru well known music stores here in Aust.

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/10/19 09:58 AM

That previous post is where I first got wind of the new Medeli model. That video title keeps popping up as the A1000. I can't find any demos of the Medeli AKX10. Perhaps the video was miss-titled?

That demo of the A1000's acoustic piano is quite impressive especially in the lower end of the keyboard. Nice sustain and deep rich tone....
Posted by: wrinkles303

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/10/19 02:44 PM

After reading the manual, it looks like a combination of both korg and Yamaha.. Mostly korg. I'm guessing the price at about a $1000.00 us.
Posted by: abacus

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/10/19 03:08 PM

Medleli is one of a number of production company's that make products for other manufactures, and essentially use older technology's from these manufactures for their instruments.

Bill
Posted by: FransN

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/10/19 03:31 PM

Yes that’s right Bill. They sound like older Yamaha psr’s
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/10/19 03:36 PM

Just a quick look at the manual, style structure on the surface appears to be similar to Yamaha, not Korg.

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/10/19 03:44 PM

Yes it also looks like a Yamaha the buttons and knobs. I have had a Medeli a800 some time ago and it had a Yamaha sound. Got rid of it within a few days lol. But the features on this new Medeli looks great.

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/10/19 04:37 PM

Last year I got a Medeli SP-4200. I actually discovered it when I was reviewing the new Kurzweil products. I discovered that Medeli was making the portable keyboards for Kurzweil. The comparable Kurzweil model is the KA-120. I purchased the Medeli SP-4200 from Sam Ash (dealer for Medeli keyboards) for a much much lower price than the identical Kurzweil KA-120 that Sam Ash was listing concurrently. Exactly the same two instruments.

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/10/19 04:44 PM

The Medeli AKX-10 looks very similar to the Yamaha PSR-SX900 with it's color touch screen. I'm really anxious to try this new Medeli AKX10 auto arranger.

Let's face it, we live in an age where there are really no bad choices.

In the hands of the many talented synth zone members, some excellent music is soon to be made.
Posted by: saxxman

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/10/19 07:37 PM

Nice looking keyboard! Looking forward to seeing and hearing the demo's! No bad choices for sure!
Posted by: Torch

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/10/19 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By salsaman
Last year I got a Medeli SP-4200. I actually discovered it when I was reviewing the new Kurzweil products. I discovered that Medeli was making the portable keyboards for Kurzweil. The comparable Kurzweil model is the KA-120. I purchased the Medeli SP-4200 from Sam Ash (dealer for Medeli keyboards) for a much much lower price than the identical Kurzweil KA-120 that Sam Ash was listing concurrently. Exactly the same two instruments.
The SP 4200 seems to have pretty decent sounds and only $479 on Amazon. How do you like the action? They are coming out with the SD200 Plus. It has USB audio, USB MIDI plus MIDI In and Out. Not that I need another keyboard (now), I may recommend it to my piano students.
Chris

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/11/19 03:42 AM

I have had the Fame SP-5200 which is the Medeli sp 4200 and the keyboard hammer action is really good as well as the piano sound. I didn’ like the styles and most of the other sounds because like I said before they sound like older PSR’s. But for the money I think it is a very good buy for piano students.
Posted by: Impuls

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/11/19 03:55 AM

There is a German company what converts Medeli keyboards with self made sound processor boards and software , the standard keyboard cost around 400 euros wit conversion it cost 1299 euro's

link : https://deebach.ecwid.com/Max-plus-p143693647

Impuls smile

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/11/19 04:09 AM

Yes I know but for that money I personally prefer a Korg Pa700 smile

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/11/19 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By FransN
I have had the Fame SP-5200 which is the Medeli sp 4200 and the keyboard hammer action is really good as well as the piano sound. I didn’ like the styles and most of the other sounds because like I said before they sound like older PSR’s. But for the money I think it is a very good buy for piano students.
Thank you. Do you find the action heavier than other weighted 88 keys you have tried? Some say the action is a bit heavier than the P-125 by Yamaha.
Posted by: TedS

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/11/19 10:26 AM

Meh. More borrowed Yamaha technology without the AI Fingered chord recognition mode. No reason to choose this over Yamaha that I can think of.
Posted by: saxxman

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/11/19 10:27 AM

No AI recognition = no thanks for me...

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/11/19 10:59 AM

Torch I can only compare the action with the Casio px560 and the Casio has a heavier action.

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 11/12/19 09:20 AM

Torch I can only compare the action with the Casio px560 and the Casio has a heavier action.

OK, thanks. That gives me a good idea as I have a PX560 myself.

Chris

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/10/20 06:43 AM

I contacted Sam Ash music and the Medeli AKX10 is going to be available at the first of 2020. No prices yet. Here is a link to the "users manual" for those that are interested to look it over.

It looks like it has some pretty nice features.

http://www.medeli.com.hk/x10

Price in the Netherlands will be 729 euro. This keyboard has everything I want including usb audio. If it sound good I will forget the Korg pa700 and will buy this Medeli. The manual is now online.

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/10/20 09:11 PM

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/11/20 05:06 AM

Hmm sound not bad. What do you guys think? Thanks for posting Torch
Posted by: john smies

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/11/20 05:22 AM

Hmm sound not bad. What do you guys think? Thanks for posting Torch

You said it Frans: "not bad " .....
I would stick with the PA700 if I were you....

groeten,
JOhn

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/11/20 05:26 AM

Hi John, yes but if you look at the features of this Medeli I am still not sure. It has usb audio which is very important to me and a lot of other great features. Korg sound better but I can compensate that with my iPad. And it is about 400 euro cheaper:)

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/11/20 06:34 AM

After listening a few times to the video using my best headphone I think I will pass this Medeli. It just sound like an older Yamaha. Not bad but also not good enough. They have improve their sound comparing to the a1000 but not that much.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/11/20 12:22 PM

ASM is also a brand owned/created by medelli..
Medelli is a Chineese company, quickly moving forward
Posted by: Mikem

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/12/20 06:48 AM

Here's Jeremy talking about the AKX10:

Posted by: sparky589

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/13/20 06:51 AM

I could be a player at $800 but I don't know if it will hit the US before the possible legal challenge Jeremy eludes to. I've seen Gibson do it many times with guitars and mandolins (vs Ibanez) and others..

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/13/20 08:19 AM

I think Medeli have a agreement with Yamaha otherwise it isn’t logical. Yamaha never won’t allow this if there isn’t a agreement.

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/13/20 08:26 AM

I just received word that Sam Ash will be carrying the Medeli AKX-10. They are expecting to be getting them probably after the NAMM 2020 show. I will keep you posted as to when they arrive. According to Jeremy See, It looks like the AKX-10 is very similar to the Yamaha SX-900.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/13/20 08:27 AM

It looks like the AKX-10 is very similar to the Yamaha SX-900.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.....
an educated consumer is your best option. wink

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/13/20 08:30 AM

A very nice keyboard indeed. Not only has usb audio and midi but also bluetooth audio and midi. Sound like the first tyros which for the money isn’t bad.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/13/20 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj
It looks like the AKX-10 is very similar to the Yamaha SX-900.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.....
an educated consumer is your best option. wink

I'd like to order one educated consumer, please. smile
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/13/20 11:32 AM

It’s not at all surprising that Medeli would release this model. They have a contract with Yamaha, and other manufacturers. Part of their contract is the use of older Yamaha sound tech. If you watch one of the videos it’s very obvious this model is using Yamaha sounds. This board will however be a huge bargain IMO. Just because they’re using older Yamaha sounds doesn’t mean it sounds bad. I’ve heard the Sweet Soprano, Sweet Tenor, and other signature Yamaha sounds being used. There are even nuances/articulations in some guitars. Plus the feature list is impressive.

Medeli have seated themselves quite comfortably in the arranger keyboard market, and they’re not garbage either. People own them for years without any issues. If I was to start using arrangers again, I would seriously consider this new model. Plenty of older arrangers out there still being used, and sound good. Even older Yamaha sounds can be very good in the hands of an experienced player.

Sqk
Posted by: sparky589

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/13/20 11:35 AM

Will you be able to load your previous custom Yamaha user registrations or sounds into it, or convert them??
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/13/20 12:20 PM

I saw the Medeli keyboards about two months ago at San Ash, Coral Springs Fl. I was there today, there were more models. Normally I would be all over the keyboard, I had no desire to play them.
There was one selling for $99.

Maybe this company will show us something special in the future, they are new. For now, comparing is out of the question, I am going to stay with a proven winner.

Only my opinion, John C.

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/13/20 12:36 PM

I find this akx10 already special. It offers features not even seen in the Genos and pa4x.
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Interesting New Entry from Medeli - 01/13/20 01:10 PM

Medeli is not new. They’ve been around since the early 80’s.

Sqk