I'm addicted to this forum!

Posted by: Harold123

I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/16/19 01:23 PM

This is better than Sat night Live...It's like reading a good book, Can't put it down...Love it...I had a stressful Day. I just go to synthzone forum...Much better than Pills...Harold
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/16/19 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By Harold123
This is better than Sat night Live...It's like reading a good book, Can't put it down...Love it...I had a stressful Day. I just go to synthzone forum...Much better than Pills...Harold

Yes, just reading Donny's posts is like following a reality TV show.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/16/19 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Originally Posted By Harold123

Yes, just reading Donny's posts is like following a reality TV show.

Thank you sir if you really want to enjoy go back and search some of the drama from years ago..amazing changes all the time ..
Posted by: Harold123

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/16/19 01:50 PM

DNJ I think You enjoy this forum as much as I do...Love it
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/16/19 04:57 PM

It is a great place to "hang out" and learn new stuff about all kinds of Arrangers... not to mention the great folks who flock here on a regular basis... especially the guys and gals who make their living performing live. Much talent here!
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/16/19 05:23 PM

Always loved this forum since day 1, and then even before (but I forgot what it was called previously), now some posts in that board were sometimes hilarious as well! Would sure love to go back and read those threads!
Posted by: DonM

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/16/19 05:31 PM

You CAN go back and read them. Just page over at the bottom of the main page. There are 1064 pages.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/16/19 06:00 PM

Addicted to SZ, not me, I only read it every morning after breakfast, and just before I go to bed at night.

John C.

PS, I just bought a new car ā€“ and after I pass it will be going to Nigel.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 02:00 AM

But Nigel will be too old to drive. That was a safe statement, as you have got a lot of miles left John

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By DonM
You CAN go back and read them. Just page over at the bottom of the main page. There are 1064 pages.

Ah, thank you Don, but I meant the previous forum, before this forum was created. The page was all light blue/green & the thread format was completely different and I remember topics that were prior to this forum being created. Perhaps the archives have been removed.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 03:38 AM

I joined in 1999, but remember Nigel suffered a meltdown of some sort on a previous forum and my date was re established to 2002.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I joined in 1999, but remember Nigel suffered a meltdown of some sort on a previous forum and my date was re established to 2002.

I'm pretty sure my first hello here was in 1999 as well, but maybe used another nick.
Remember there was a big crash or someting, and registered once again later.

It's been some years passing, and also met lot's of nice people 'electronicaly' during the time as SZ member.

Addicted? YES
Any cure in sight: NO

rocker keys
Posted by: 124

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 07:09 AM

Originally Posted By DannyUK
Originally Posted By DonM

Ah, thank you Don, but I meant the previous forum, before this forum was created. The page was all light blue/green & the thread format was completely different and I remember topics that were prior to this forum being created. Perhaps the archives have been removed.

I haven't checked it myself, but does Wayback Machine pick it up, Danny?
https://web.archive.org/

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 07:17 AM

Originally Posted By 124

I haven't checked it myself, but does Wayback Machine pick it up, Danny?
https://web.archive.org/

Hi 124, thanks for the reply.

Ah, if only I knew the name of the previous forum or still had the link to it I could search. I don't think it was called Synthzone as I tried that and it took me here again !
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 07:38 AM

I was born here! Can't remember when I wasn't here, so I must have been born here. wink

Gary cool

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 08:15 AM

I was a member of the previous forum as well. I will think of the name. I have looked at it on Wayback before. I'm brain dead right now.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 09:07 AM

Carol told me the mind was the second thing to go - I forgot what the first thing was! wink

Gary cool
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 10:15 AM

Dammit, Gary, quit "dickin'" around.

Russ

P.S. This is the only social media site I visit regularly. And I am not a big arranger fan.

Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 11:42 AM

I think I joined when I bought my kn7000. Actually lived on the Technics forum. Haha
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 12:55 PM

NIGEL - we NEED you ... Help us out here please ...

Rikki - Yes a number of us here lived on the Technics forum ... When it shut down I thought I was going to be lost until someone directed me here ...or rather to what was here before this was here ... wink

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 01:16 PM

There was also a Canadian Technics forum, and Technote Forum.
Canadian closed down before Technote did.
SZ was up and running already, but the trafic at SZ Technics part was low until Technote closed.
The rest is history. smile
šŸŽµšŸŽµšŸŽµ Those where the days my friends, we thought they never end ... šŸŽµšŸŽµšŸŽµ

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 01:19 PM

I was on Canadian Technics forum. Came here from there.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 01:41 PM

Here is an old link to the older sites.. Steens, R-A-G, and the old synthzone when Chris ran it.

http://www.oocities.org/sunsetstrip/arena/2344/

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
NIGEL - we NEED you ... Help us out here please ...

Rikki - Yes a number of us here lived on the Technics forum ... When it shut down I thought I was going to be lost until someone directed me here ...or rather to what was here before this was here ... wink

My goodness , my memory must be worse than I thought.haha . I think Iā€™ve gotten the 2 confused, possibly because of the Technics section on Synthzone? Or did we just live in a Technics bubble and the rest of the world didnā€™t exist for us Techies?

I know I gave up a Yamaha forum when I sold my 9000pro and bought kn7 and found our great Technics forum , but, WHERE WAS I ? Haha

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/17/19 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
There was also a Canadian Technics forum, and Technote Forum.
Canadian closed down before Technote did.
SZ was up and running already, but the trafic at SZ Technics part was low until Technote closed.
The rest is history. smile
šŸŽµšŸŽµšŸŽµ Those where the days my friends, we thought they never end ... šŸŽµšŸŽµšŸŽµ

Hi Jonny, so it was theTechnote forum we all belonged to, a lot of us Techies go way back.

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/18/19 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
.... so it was theTechnote forum we all belonged to, a lot of us Techies go way back.

Yes, some of us was already members here at SZ as well.
Both we 'oldies' and Technote staff did recommend us to carry on here at SZ Technics forum after the closedown of Technote.
And as we know, Nigel heartly welcomed us all into the SZ family. smile

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/18/19 04:26 AM

Thanks Jonny,
Iā€™d sort of forgotten the chain of events. Obviously a smooth transition from technote to here.
Posted by: saxxman

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/18/19 07:37 PM

I don't go back that far, but am just so glad (thanks NIGEL!) that such a nice congregating place exists! I do, however, remember driving 4.5 hours (one way!) just to get a chance to see the DX7 when it was released! Thanks to modern technology, it's much easier to keep up with the latest these days.... SZ Rocks!
Posted by: Nigel

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/19/19 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By Bernie9
But Nigel will be too old to drive. That was a safe statement, as you have got a lot of miles left John

Lol not too old to drive yet. I just bought a new (old) muscle car. It is a 2002 Camaro SS with only 14,000 miles.

Posted by: saxxman

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/19/19 05:43 AM

Wow! Very nice lookin' ride! Congrats!
Posted by: jingleman

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/19/19 07:02 AM

Congratulations Nigel...car looks beautiful!
JM

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/19/19 12:52 PM

Hi Nigel , Wow, nice looking car. We just had the Bathurst 1000 race ( only 10 min up the road from where we live now). Think they changed the Phillip Island venue to Bathurst in the early 60ā€™s .
Pre race festivities they had a big street display of older style muscle cars, yours would have fitted in very nicely.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: I'm addicted to this forum! - 10/19/19 02:53 PM

Great ride, Nigel, enjoy ...