Getting Your Arranger Keyboards 'Stage Ready'

Posted by: MusicalMemories

Getting Your Arranger Keyboards 'Stage Ready' - 08/19/19 01:26 PM

How long do you / have you spent getting your Arranger Keyboard(s) to a point where you are / would be happy to take it / them ready to perform on stage ?
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Getting Your Arranger Keyboards 'Stage Ready' - 08/19/19 02:38 PM

Can I say what might be construed as a silly answer ? Never. I think I have it right and then do a gig and something comes up and I have that moment where I think " What was I thinking on this ?" I keep a small notepad with me and if and when I get a chance I notate what needs to be worked on at home. I made so many changes to things its and endless process. EX: I "thought" I had a great drum sound so put it in a bunch of Styles. Nope, back home its time to change them again And on and on.
Better answer, keep it simple so you can you can do your main tunes comfortably and expand from there.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Getting Your Arranger Keyboards 'Stage Ready' - 08/20/19 07:32 AM

Almost every single time I bought a new keyboard, it went to work with me that night. I set up a few must have parameters, and marked the drum patterns I needed, and sway I went. Baptism by fire. Not for the feint of heart, but a great way to get your feet wet.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Getting Your Arranger Keyboards 'Stage Ready' - 08/20/19 09:47 AM

Because I use many parts of the keyboard to play a song, I would say between 3 to 4 weeks. After that it becomes an ongoing process, forever adding new ideas. to the same song.

With my guitar ---- as soon as I buy it’s ready to go.
You have to give that a thought.

John C.