Posted by: Eric, B

Great PSR-SX900 Review - 08/10/19 12:11 PM

See here on the PSR tutorial forum :

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,51155.0.html

Enjoy
Eric
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Great PSR-SX900 Review - 08/10/19 10:21 PM

Its obvious yamaha is still keeping certain tech for its top line...

- sa2
- ensembles
- organworld
- sliders
- 76 keys
- aftertouch

But everything else seems to be there
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Great PSR-SX900 Review - 08/10/19 11:28 PM

Thank you for the link Eric.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Great PSR-SX900 Review - 08/11/19 10:21 AM

Here's my thought:
Yamaha was disappointed at the consumer response to the Genos (in terms of sales), and since the technology was already built, and tested, they decided to capitalize on it, and put it into a more affordable package. If I'm right - smart move. Put the better technology into more hands. (under more hands?)
Remember the early days of Technics kbs? There was no published list price, and only dedicated piano stores sold them, so they charged whatever the market would bear. Today's consumers are better informed, and so, the market has shifted in favor of the buyer.
These improvements to the PSR line will certainly interest more buyers who, like myself, have avoided the product for many years. My gripe has always been the key feel. If that's truly improved, then I'll be happy to add the SX to my arsenal.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Great PSR-SX900 Review - 08/11/19 10:28 AM

For the reasons Bachus mentioned, I think I would prefer a used Genos.... If they ever come down to a reasonable sub $2,000 price tag. smile

Re: Great PSR-SX900 Review - 08/11/19 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
I think I would prefer a used Genos....

I need the speakers. Genos Shmenos.
smile
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Great PSR-SX900 Review - 08/11/19 01:22 PM

Interesting about disappointment with Genos sales, I have heard that it has been a success, but that’s only hearsay. I’m not privy to sales figures, but it would make sense for them to release the SX900 if disappointing sales was the impetus to release the SX900.
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: Great PSR-SX900 Review - 08/11/19 01:35 PM

The PSR S series ran out of steam and went the furthest it could, evidence of that was releasing the S975 when there probably was no real need to.

The next PSR series had no choice but to conveniently inherit a lot of the Genos or it wouldn’t of made sense if it was something other.

Re: Great PSR-SX900 Review - 08/11/19 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Interesting about disappointment with Genos sales, I have heard that it has been a success, but that’s only hearsay.

That's just my theory - no research done. I just don't think there are as many Genos sales as Yamaha anticipated. Again ... just my thoughts, based on what I hear, and read. So few in my circle own one.
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: Great PSR-SX900 Review - 08/11/19 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Interesting about disappointment with Genos sales, I have heard that it has been a success, but that’s only hearsay.

That's just my theory - no research done. I just don't think there are as many Genos sales as Yamaha anticipated. Again ... just my thoughts, based on what I hear, and read. So few in my circle own one.

There might not be that many on this forum, but tons on other forums and across the globe ...
Not sure how that would compare to the T5 sales, but I think the Genos did pretty well.
Eric