Cant Help Falling In Love Medley

Posted by: MusicalMemories

Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 08:21 AM

'Cant Help Falling In Love Medley', a medley of slow rock songs recorded on the Korg Pa700 with some registrations I created. Enjoy.
Please Like And Subscribe.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 09:35 AM

Nice job, great quality recording, well done thanx for sharing.
But I must add that I never liked the Yamaha 6/8 slow rock style bass line with that double bass note played it doesn't sound natural to me
vs a traditional oldies 6/8 ballad bass line ....

Posted by: sparky589

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 09:39 AM

Very, very nice. Well done. Impressed with string sounds. Did you use string pad on left and/or as chord sounds?
Posted by: salsaman

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 09:48 AM

YES !!! Another stellar performance. Thank you for a wonderful arrangement of a classic tune.
Posted by: Torch

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Nice job, great quality recording, well done Thanx for sharing.
But I must add that I never liked the Yamaha 6/8 slow rock style bass line with that double bass note played it doesn't sound natural to me
I always preferred as I have recorded here on my S670 as an example...

https://app.box.com/s/dw07syf5cgsdpmgulgjt4j4vxsh89v1k
This is not a 6/8, but rather a 12/8 which is very suitable for the tune I Can't Help Falling in Love.

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 10:44 AM

Thanks for the great comment folks.

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 10:46 AM

Forgot to say yes I used a string sound on the lower. Following on from the Korg Uk Webinar Ive started to eq each indiviual upper sound which I hope makes an overall difference to the final result.

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 11:21 AM

cool2
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 11:40 AM

Very pretty orchestration ... thank you ...

PS ... Like most of life, it is a matter of taste as to which style you prefer ...

I once had an art teacher tell me "It's your art ... there's no right or wrong."
Posted by: Torch

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Torch
Originally Posted By Dnj
Nice job, great quality recording, well done Thanx for sharing.
I always preferred as I have recorded here on my S670 as an example...

https://app.box.com/s/dw07syf5cgsdpmgulgjt4j4vxsh89v1k
This is not a 6/8, but rather a 12/8 which is very suitable for the tune I Can't Help Falling in Love.

it's the double bass notes that make it very odd to listen to IMO..
I was just referring to your own file 6/8 bass and simply pointing out that it is not a 6/8 but a 12/8 - four triplets in each measure. The original rendition by Elvis Presley (at least the accompaniment) is 12/8.

As for MusicMemories's rendition, you thought it was "odd" to listen to because you are so used to the original 12/8. Then again, I like what Tony said, "It is a matter of taste," and as they say there is no account for taste. In fact, I liked it in that it was different. I think it is one of fun things that arranger players can have to play the same "old" song in a refreshing way.

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 07:18 PM

As a singer first the bassline I suggested and shown above for this tune works a bit better for my needs playing and vocal especially in an Elvis medley. To each their own.

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
To each their own.

Right, Donny, as I said, there's no right or wrong ...
In fact, when I do a medley of Elvis' ballads, I like the tempo 'kicked up a notch' ...

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 07:40 PM

Would love to hear that Tony sometime..

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/20/19 07:44 PM

Careful what you wish for ... wink

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/21/19 02:46 AM

I have at some point played Cant Help Falling In Love in a Regee Style really uptempo like UB40, it does work quite well.

Re: Cant Help Falling In Love Medley - 03/21/19 09:19 AM

yes, MM, I've done that also ... as has been said one of the great things about arranger KBs is the ability to easily perform songs in different styles ...

Actually, in my post I was referring more to the tempo and 'drive' of the song ... the original Elvis recording from the movie "Blue Hawaii" was at about 66BPM, while his concert version was more like 98 - 100BPM ...