Just ordered a new E-A7

Posted by: Fran Carango

Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/19/19 10:44 AM

Sold my BK9 a couple days ago.. So I went with another E-A7 again,,fresh brand new one. There are features I preferred over the BK9, including a better OS. I like the 6 pads , seven assign buttons and I like the sampler for novelty things.. Yes the BK9 was superior with 22 SN sounds and the drawbar organ... I wanted the small footprint and speakers with the E-A7. For larger gigs I have the G70 (I like the G70 better than the BK9). Quick set up jobs the E-A7 is perfect..

I considered the alternative brands, but they left me feeling short changed.. I paid a bit more than I would have liked, but Sweetwater has benefits..

I was close to buying back my old E-A7 from DonM, but we could not get on the same available page.. I am still concerned about Chinese craftsmanship... That is why I finally went with a new E-A7 (2 year warranty).
Posted by: DonM

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/19/19 10:53 AM

I probably would have sold it. Haven't taken it out of the bag in a couple of weeks.
It's a really good arranger and my plan is to keep it for backup.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/19/19 11:14 AM

Good luck with the new EA7 Fran...being you have the G70 the Ea7 is a smart move for your needs.
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/19/19 01:18 PM

Good purchase Fran. Can't beat the E-A7 for overall quality and portability. I like my PA900 but then I don't have to move it either.
Posted by: vangelis

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/20/19 11:44 AM

China does make high end electronics both good and bad quality also keep that in mind, as far as the EA-7 I had it and I loved it but at this point it wasn't for me since I am a KORG user, so I sold it maybe later I might pick one up again, the EA-7 is very underrated board but a very hard learning curve for a KORG user.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/20/19 02:26 PM

"I wanted the small footprint and speakers with the E-A7. Quick set up jobs the E-A7 is perfect. For larger gigs I have the G70."

I don't really get your logic. What does the G70 do that the EA7 can't ? How do you decide which keyboard to bring. Over 100 people G70 ?. If the EA7 is good enough for a small audience why isn't it good enough for a large one ? I've never heard one but thru a good PA I bet it sounds great. Don't you always want to sound your best ? Its what comes out of the PA that matters and the audience doesn't care what keyboard your using or if your playing live, or using SMF's, or singing Karaoke. As long as they're entertained.

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/20/19 03:05 PM

Sound wise they are close, but other factors come into play..

Enjoyment... I rather play the best 76 keys, I want the great touchscreen. I want the fastest editing on any keyboard.. I want the harmonizer...

Determining factor .. a four hour job that I want to be the most comfortable... G70.

Fast set up , light with speakers .. an hour gig.. E-A7.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/20/19 03:52 PM

OK makes sense, more differances than I knew, the EA7 just for the portability factor, but I'd still hate to carry a G70. BTW move down here , gigs are 3 hours. keys

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/20/19 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
OK makes sense, more differances than I knew, the EA7 just for the portability factor, but I'd still hate to carry a G70. BTW move down here , gigs are 3 hours. keys

Bill do you have an extra bedroom for me till I get settled (not more than a couple years). smile

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/23/19 05:56 AM

With just a very small choice list left in arrangers it looks like at this stage of the game
mostly everyone has settled down to what they like and are enjoying just playing music.
Long gone are the days of arguing that this is better then that..
Posted by: cassp

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/24/19 07:43 PM

Congrats on the E-A7, Fran. You are our Roland master.

Just putting this out there - I just picked up a very clean G70, but also traded my Pa1000 for an s975. After a short reacqaintance period I find I won’t be wanting to keep the G70. I have a hard case for it, but that really ups the shipping. If anyone has interest, let’s talk.

Back in the Y Stables again.
Posted by: GlennT

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/27/19 08:46 AM

Speaking of the learning curve, has anyone found a video tutorial for the EA7 in english?

Thx, Glenn

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/27/19 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By GlennT
Speaking of the learning curve, has anyone found a video tutorial for the EA7 in english?

Thx, Glenn

just call Fran.... rotf2
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/27/19 09:07 AM

Thx, Glenn

If it gets too daunting ... Donny can tell you how to sell it fast! smile

Re: Just ordered a new E-A7 - 03/27/19 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

Thx, Glenn

If it gets too daunting ... Donny can tell you how to sell it fast! smile

Sure will that's the easy part,...just sayin' wink