? For Korg Pa1000 users

Posted by: sparky589

? For Korg Pa1000 users - 03/01/19 02:48 PM

I've listened to many demos of Korgs nylon/concert guitar sounds. To me they are all too treble sounding. Is there a way to make the sound deeper and fuller like Yamahas nylon/concert guitar sounds by tweaking it? Anyone who have owned recent korg and Yamaha models should know what I'm saying..or is it just bad audio on demos?
Posted by: DonM

Re: ? For Korg Pa1000 users - 03/01/19 02:59 PM

There are some great ones in there, but not necessarily the ones that come up on factory keysets (OTS). And, any of them can be easily edited.
Posted by: organgrinder

Re: ? For Korg Pa1000 users - 03/02/19 06:06 AM

Try looking in legacy and gm sounds. There are so may to choose from as well as normal factory sounds. Click any sound you have up in a style and there you will find all the sounds.
MEL
Posted by: Dnj

Re: ? For Korg Pa1000 users - 03/02/19 10:43 AM

Let's be honest when it comes to Guitars Yamaha is King of the hill....
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: ? For Korg Pa1000 users - 03/02/19 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Let's be honest when it comes to Guitars Yamaha is King of the hill....

Agreed.
One main reason I stick with Yamaha ...
Eric

Re: ? For Korg Pa1000 users - 03/02/19 11:45 AM

I actually like a lot of the Korg guitars a lot, not taking anything at all from the Yammies.
Sometimes with the Yamaha guitars, I find myself taking off the automatic articulation so the guitar will do more what I want it to do when I play the keys. The Korg DNC is often more subtle, but it's really all a matter of taste.
I do really like the Pedal Steel on the Yamahas.
The guitars on both can be deeply edited, with e.q., amp sims, etc. But I don't do much of that because I'd rather just play. smile
Posted by: sparky589

Re: ? For Korg Pa1000 users - 03/02/19 02:16 PM

I use the nylon guitar and slide nylon guitar a lot and that is what I am really looking for, to see if Korgs can be made to sound like them. The nylons on my T2 are excellent.
Posted by: jingleman

Re: ? For Korg Pa1000 users - 03/02/19 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By DonM
I actually like a lot of the Korg guitars a lot, not taking anything at all from the Yammies.

Don’t be coy Don...you made those 970 🎸 guitars sing.

jingleman

Re: ? For Korg Pa1000 users - 03/02/19 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By jingleman
Originally Posted By DonM

Don’t be coy Don...you made those 970 🎸 guitars sing.

jingleman

No, I was saying the Yammies are very good; not trying to distract from them.
Korg's are very good too.