Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/23/19 08:58 AM

STAY STANDS

keys
Posted by: dud

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/23/19 10:18 AM

what is the question ?
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/23/19 12:05 PM

I have one. It is lighter than my old Apex, and has room for my peddles. It is made well and does the job. If there is anything I am not crazy about, it is taking the arms and legs out of the bag and clicking them into the base. I am used to plunking the Apex on the floor and taking the arms out of the top and done.

I am being picky, I guess, because the advantages far outweigh the extra 5 minutes.

Bernie
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/23/19 12:28 PM

Thanks Bernie for the information
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/23/19 01:45 PM

I see no prices listed
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/23/19 02:15 PM

Stay Price at Amazon

Looks a little to "bouncy" for me at 3:30 in video.

Jerryghr

Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/23/19 02:52 PM

Do the upper arms tilt or are they fixed straight out ?

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/24/19 01:35 AM

I have the double keyboard model, not the piano model shown.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/26/19 05:17 AM

I have tried so many kb stands but always come back to my
IQ2000 X stand..... just so easy to use for gigs or at home.

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/iq-2000.html
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/26/19 06:46 AM

I still haven’t found a stand that comfortably holds two arranger keyboards. The width of the instruments makes it difficult....

As of now I’m using an Ultimate Support Apex stand for the top keyboard and a regular x stand for the bottom keyboard. If I use both keyboards with the Apex stand, it’s difficult to see the screen and buttons of the bottom keyboard because the top keyboard gets in the way....
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/26/19 07:17 AM

Originally Posted By montunoman
I still haven’t found a stand that comfortably holds two arranger keyboards. The width of the instruments makes it difficult....

As of now I’m using an Ultimate Support Apex stand for the top keyboard and a regular x stand for the bottom keyboard. If I use both keyboards with the Apex stand, it’s difficult to see the screen and buttons of the bottom keyboard because the top keyboard gets in the way....

When I first started to use multi keyboards, most of us used our second keyboard to our left side (usually for bass), our main keyboard straight ahead, and a "color" keyboard to our right... In a "U" fashion, all at the same comfort level. Average polyphony then was 6 notes per keyboard.

We than started to use "A" frames, setting them up "our way". They were sturdy but a little slow to set up.. they did allow our three keyboards and a drum machine.

Today, in all honesty, we only need to use one keyboard. A top model arranger keyboard can cover all the bases. Plenty of polyphony, a single stand, on board mixing, mic input on board... How much easier can it get.. If you find/found the one keyboard that you really like , you have everything in an easy set up.. Many keyboards today can be a one keyboard set up.
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/26/19 07:31 AM

IQ-2000... my stand of choice for years! I added an On Stage mic adapter and a telescopic mic boom arm.

When I gigged with two keyboards, I uses 2 IQ-2000 stands in an “L” shape. Lately I just use the Genos. The second board was the Roland VP550 and then VP770. The IQ-2000 is very stable!! Open to the last position... set up in 1 second. 7 more seconds to adjust the mic boom into position.
Posted by: DonM

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/26/19 08:14 AM

I still use A frame, by Ultimate Support. They don't make it any more, but other companies get close. It is totally adjustable, extremely light weight and absolutely sturdy. I have no idea why they discontinued it.
I have one of these for 61, and another for 76, and a third I made from spare parts from another one I had.
No reason for me to ever change.

Re: Anyone using Stay KB stands ....? - 02/26/19 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By montunoman

I had the same problem with my Apex and bought the extra long supports for the bottom. I was then able to bring the keyboard out enough to see everything.