Since I mentioned it ...

Posted by: tony mads usa

Since I mentioned it ... - 02/17/19 02:58 PM

... in John's post, I thought I would record a quick "Green Dolphin Street" on the KORG Pa900 today ...

PS: I used the Organ Bossa and Organ Blues styles for this ...

Posted by: Dnj

Re: Since I mentioned it ... - 02/17/19 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
... in John's post, I thought I would record a quick "Green Dolphin Street" on the KORG Pa900 today ...

PS: I used the Organ Bossa and Organ Blues styles for this ...

Great job Tony man you were jamming all over the 900!! keys clap

Too bad today's generation has no idea what those tunes are or any appreciation for that type of music anymore..... frown
Nice job...
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Since I mentioned it ... - 02/17/19 05:02 PM

Tony, my kind of music, it’s a live, it’s beautiful. You’re not playing what is on the music sheet, you’re playing what’s inside of you. Love it.

Good job, John C.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Since I mentioned it ... - 02/17/19 05:14 PM

Tony, Love it! I know that’s one of your favorites. Not sure you remember the first time we met, Deb and I came to a gig at what I seem to remember was a private party at a country club. We didn’t stay too long but I remember you playing Green Dolphin Street and Blue Bossa.
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Since I mentioned it ... - 02/17/19 05:21 PM

That was really good Tony! I love those tunes that go between swing and Latin. You totally pulled that off !
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Since I mentioned it ... - 02/17/19 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj

Too bad today's generation has no idea what those tunes are or any appreciation for that type of music anymore..... frown
Nice job...

Coincidentally just the other day I heard a youth jazz band thest played a smokin’ arrangement of On Green Dolphin Street , so I do believe there’s a small percent of young folks that still like these old standards.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Since I mentioned it ... - 02/18/19 12:45 AM

Fantastic job Tony. Very enjoyable !!!!

Re: Since I mentioned it ... - 02/18/19 03:26 PM

Thank you all very much ... It's fun to play tunes like this ... I just wish I had more musical knowledge to take better solos ...
But wishing won't do it - only hard work !!! keys

Steve ... you have a good memory ... as I recall, it involved a wine tasting, and I had asked you to stop by and then found out it was a private affair ... redface
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Since I mentioned it ... - 02/19/19 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Steve ... you have a good memory ... as I recall, it involved a wine tasting, and I had asked you to stop by and then found out it was a private affair ... redface

Tony amazing when you think about it we first had contact here, then stopped at your gig and have been friends since then. What a place SZ is!
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Since I mentioned it ... - 02/19/19 11:47 AM

Great song ... not so great movie.
smile
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Since I mentioned it ... - 02/19/19 02:20 PM

Great arrangement, Tony. Sorry it took me so long to get around to listening to this one. Excellent musicianship as well, old friend.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: Since I mentioned it ... - 02/20/19 08:52 AM

No worries, my oldER friend ... grin
Hope you are doing ok ...