Basic course playing finger drums

Posted by: Bachus

Basic course playing finger drums - 02/05/19 10:43 AM

Tought i would share this with you
I found this basic guide on fingerdrumming
Played around with it on the modx for a few weeks
It really worked

By the way, this is Don Sigilas, does a lot of wok for yamaha’s synth division..

This finally made playing finger drums a fun thing for me
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Basic course playing finger drums - 02/05/19 05:30 PM

Neat!
Posted by: Mark79100

Re: Basic course playing finger drums - 02/05/19 09:41 PM

Good find, Bachus. I watched the whole thing. That's a great way to make up a rhythm that you can't find on your keyboard (like the elusive cha-cha style I'm still searching for).

Those software sounds I'm hearing sound real good to me. Thick, realistic and with substance...especially the crash cymbal. I can see why they say to get authentic sounds, go "software."
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Basic course playing finger drums - 02/06/19 06:42 AM

don't be fooled... if your not a drummer per-say you will have a very difficult time playing drums on keys that sound realistic...
try recording some drum tracks on your arranger kb and you will see what I mean. Yes its great if you can do it but it's a process.
good luck...nice demo for those that can do it properly to enhance your tracks or possibly beef up your custom styles.

Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: Basic course playing finger drums - 02/06/19 08:52 AM

Here is a cheat sheet.

I use the drums, and multi-pads (fanfares) to create drum rolls etc for announcements for prizes, drawings at performances.

Jerryghr

Posted by: Mark79100

Re: Basic course playing finger drums - 02/06/19 10:32 PM

Jerry........good idea! And thanks for the diagram. I printed it out. If I can ever get back to playing regularly again, I had a few ideas myself for working with drum patterns both as novelty and and as song supplement.
Posted by: ekurburski

Re: Basic course playing finger drums - 02/07/19 09:43 PM

excellent! One more technique to practice and take up more of my time!