Genos Drawbars Project

Posted by: jimlaing

Genos Drawbars Project - 12/24/18 07:04 AM

Hi ... here is the initial result of a little project I decided to do ... I bought some extra drawbar (slider) caps from Yamaha, and painted some of them, as you'll see in the photos! Well, here is my first attempt! 2 photos. I know that the brown is not quite what Hammond uses, but it was the closed I had around ... and maybe a little easier to see in a dark room vs. Hammond's much darker brown ...

Genos Drawbars Project (hopefully the 2 photos will attach OK!)

Jim
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Genos Drawbars Project - 12/24/18 07:09 AM

Very kool idea looks nice also. ....
maybe Yamaha will see it and incorporate it soon on Genos 2?...
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Genos Drawbars Project - 12/24/18 10:22 AM

Jim, Cool idea it looks good the colors makes them look more realistic.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Genos Drawbars Project - 12/24/18 01:54 PM

Good idea
Looks excellent

Re: Genos Drawbars Project - 12/27/18 04:46 AM

Showed the pictures to Peter Baartmans today at a demo in Holland
He loved them.,

They would have even be better with the orriginal print on them

https://goo.gl/images/8Mw52z

Re: Genos Drawbars Project - 12/27/18 11:06 AM

Those real Hammond ones look nice - I wonder if one could buy a set directly from Hammond, and if they would fit on Genos? Probably not :-)

I'm going to do a 2nd set of drawbars like this and maybe I'll experiment a bit.

I thought about adding the markings on the front - it would be easy to add the "whole numbers" (16,8,4,2,1) but I wouldn't have the skill/tools to add the smaller text for harmonics (the "2/3" and such) and have them look good . . . maybe I'll add the whole #'s only and see how it looks?!

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Genos Drawbars Project - 12/27/18 11:12 AM

Hmm, I see that Hammond had some models with no labels at all (I wonder when they added the labels - or it they were just on some models?

-Jim (see photo)

Re: Genos Drawbars Project - 12/27/18 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By jimlaing
Hmm, I see that Hammond had some models with no labels at all (I wonder when they added the labels - or it they were just on some models?

-Jim (see photo)

I don’t know Jim, i am not a hammond expert
But i found quite a few photos with numers on them..

For me personally, just the colors is real touch enough..

Re: Genos Drawbars Project - 01/01/19 11:32 AM

Hi - yeah, I've seen Hammonds both ways (with and without numbers on the ends of the drawbars. It would be a nice addition if I could figure out a way to do such tiny print in such a way that it looked good!

Some had asked (here and in another of my threads) for photos of the work in progress ... attaching a few photos of my work on my 2nd Genos, which I did a similar project on ... drawbar painting, and knobs with white line added. Photos below . . .

(I realized when I looked at these photos that I need to dust/clean my Genos panel!)

This time around, I tried a darker brown; closer to Hammond's brown, but I may re-paint them later to a slightly lighter brown ...

The big "2" on one slider has to do with non-drawbar mode (this slider affects volume of Right 2). I did that to help me find the right sliders for vol adjustments in that mode).

Jim