One of my Favorite BK9 Styles

Posted by: Dnj

One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/14/18 08:10 AM

"ORCHESTRAL BEAT"... Great for so many songs like Kenny Roger's Through The Years, Crazy, etc, instrumental or vocal.
...the more you explore the more you discover! keys
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/14/18 08:50 AM

DNJ. Very Nice...Has anyone done a conversion to a Yamaha Sty.
As you stated this is good for many a tune.

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/14/18 09:05 AM

Originally Posted By Graham UK
DNJ. Very Nice...Has anyone done a conversion to a Yamaha Sty.
As you stated this is good for many a tune.

Here are some Roland G70 to Yamaha styles ....enjoy cool2
Posted by: 124

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/14/18 09:36 AM

Pretty similar to Orchestral Ballad on Korg. There's an older Korg style called Diva that was very useful, too.

Graham: Surely Yamaha has some close to that?
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/14/18 09:38 AM

Donny ... That style is perfect for "Through the Years" ... "Crazy" not so much ... JMHO ...

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/14/18 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Donny ... That style is perfect for "Through the Years" ... "Crazy" not so much ... JMHO ...

Tony I think your thinking of Patsy Cline's "Crazy"?
...not Kenny Rogers song "Crazy"..

Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/14/18 09:55 AM

Oh, yeah ... my bad ...
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/15/18 12:08 AM

Dnj. Converted Sty's Appreciated.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/15/18 01:04 AM

Donny, thank you. Will give them a listen later today. Always helping.
John C.

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/15/18 02:56 AM

Please enjoy the conversions hope they workout for your needs..
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/15/18 04:22 AM

Mucho thanks, Donny...Roland styles are cool.

Ian

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/15/18 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By ianmcnll
Mucho thanks, Donny...Roland styles are cool.

Ian

Ian your very welcome, and I certainly agree Roland Styles have certain traits that make alot of sense when playing live.
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/15/18 08:24 AM

Donny
Great Style. Perfect song match. Recently I've been finding some styles I overlooked in the past just found "Light Pop" and with some minor editing am using it with Old Time R&R. Doesn't sound like a style title that would work for a dance tune but I like it.

I love the one you posted, you got me putting my coffee down this AM and running to my BK9 but I can't find it. Is that in the machine or from your library ?

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 11/15/18 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Donny
Great Style. Perfect song match. Recently I've been finding some styles I overlooked in the past just found "Light Pop" and with some minor editing am using it with Old Time R&R. Doesn't sound like a style title that would work for a dance tune but I like it.

I love the one you posted, you got me putting my coffee down this AM and running to my BK9 but I can't find it. Is that in the machine or from your library ?

Bill I am still trying to find out from the guy who made the video what style he used....I cannot find it anywhere on the BK9 or in any Roland library sources.....maybe its a bought third party style....I have been in contact with him and awaiting an answer from Italy.

That said I tried Light Pop for OTRR,.....Good style but I just didn't feel it for that song not enough drive!.....
I personally use Good Rock'N in the 50's/60's bank...
at 138bpm..give it a try. rocker

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 12/10/18 08:29 AM

Ok finally after talking with the original artist in Italy about it I have found this beautiful Roland BK9 style we were looking for,..
it is in the 8/16 style bank of the BK9 named
"ADULT CONTEMPORARY" .......in the original style it was edited a bit with the New Folk Drum kit and mute the power guitar, etc...
The mystery has been revealed cool2 ....enjoy..

Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 12/11/18 04:32 PM

Great BK9 Style Donny. I edited it also and its in my regular Style List. Just ran across another "80's Groove" that I don't know how I overlooked before. Nice kick to it and only minor editing. Been learning "That's The Way of The World" by Earth Wind & Fire and am loving the song with that beat.
I really have to go thru the Styles again as this is the second good useful one I overlooked.

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 12/11/18 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Great BK9 Style Donny. I edited it also and its in my regular Style List. Just ran across another "80's Groove" that I don't know how I overlooked before. Nice kick to it and only minor editing. Been learning "That's The Way of The World" by Earth Wind & Fire and am loving the song with that beat.
I really have to go thru the Styles again as this is the second good useful one I overlooked.

Good luck Bill..... I agree there are many great styles on the Bk9 if you just dig in!
Posted by: MusicalMemories

Re: One of my Favorite BK9 Styles - 12/12/18 05:48 AM

Anyone like to convert these to Korg ?