Mornin' mates...

Posted by: Dnj

Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 07:37 AM

Just sitting here reading posts on SZ eating my favorite
Breakfast sandwich.. The Famous New Jersey "BELLY BUSTER"
Breakfast of Champions!

Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 07:41 AM

Donny, that's not an official New Jersey sandwich. There is no Taylor pork roll on that bun !!! I

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Donny, that's not an official New Jersey sandwich. There is no Taylor pork roll on that bun !!! I

Here's mine with Pork Roll..that one above was my sons lol... wink

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 07:52 AM

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about !!!

Thanks for posting that ... I got full just looking at it, now I don't have to have lunch!

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 08:06 AM

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about !!!

Thanks for posting that ... I got full just looking at it, now I don't have to have lunch!

lol and don't forget here in SJ its PORK ROLL....
not taylor ham whatever that is...hahaha

Pork Roll (regionally known as Taylor Ham) is a pork-based processed meat originating and commonly available in New Jersey, New York, Delaware and parts of Pennsylvania and Maryland. It was developed in 1856 by John Taylor of Hamilton Square, New Jersey, and sold as "Taylor Ham". cool2

that said back to my Roland BK9 keys
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 08:11 AM

Man, that's a hell of a sandwich. Too bad I am watching my calories and cholesterol.

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 08:22 AM

A number of years ago I am in NJ at a golf outing with my son and a group of his friends ... Having a pork roll and egg sandwich for breakfast, I said I can't get pork roll in RI ... about two weeks later I get a box in the mail with a 3 pound Taylor pork roll ...
They now sell it at the local market in those pre sliced vacuum sealed packages ...
Not for every day consumption ... wink
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 08:27 AM

Wow, Donny:

I'd call that an afternoon "groaner"... but there was a time I could have devoured that thing in one sitting! LOL! Not today!

Enjoy! ----Dave

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Man, that's a hell of a sandwich. Too bad I am watching my calories and cholesterol.

Mee too Bernie I watched them cook it
and I watched it disappear while I was eating it !!! rotf2
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 09:25 AM

Not for every day consumption ... wink

Doesn't matter Tony, it only takes one serving to kill you smile. I understand it's a banned substance in 18 countries and listed number two (just behind arsenic) on CDC's 'most dangerous' list. I will now await Gary's rebuttal smile.

chas
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 09:39 AM

Thats the only thing i love more then music..
Food like this...

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 09:52 AM

Bernie and Dave and I will outlive you all smile. We won't be as happy BUT.....

chas
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 10:03 AM

No rebuttal, Chas. I was never really fond of Taylor's Pork Roll, Spam, and other similar pork products, though I dearly love sugar-cured, Virginia ham, which is hard to find in the stores anymore.

This morning, I enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast of Jimmy Dean Sausage and a homemade Tex-Mex omelet smothered with horseradish cheese. Yummy! At our age, what we now eat isn't what will kill us. Later this afternoon, Carol and I will be headed for the early voting booth, then to a nearby seafood restaurant where she is treating the birthday boy to a dozen, large, steamed crabs - OH YEAH! I'm really looking forward to this.

All the best,

Gary cool

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 10:47 AM

What a coincidence, Gary. I just came back from the mailbox to deposit my absentee ballot. Shame to see you mess up a good omlette with horseradish???? Way to mess up good cheese too smile. Anyhow, don't forget to vote Democratic....Yeah, right smile smile smile.

Your buddy (WAY) across the aisle smile ,

chas
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 11:07 AM

My weight just went up just looking at that sandwich.

Donny, Tony or anyone in their travels thru the Edison NewJersey area, have you ever eaten at Harold’s Deli?

I haven’t but it’s a spot I’d like to go to raise my cholesterol and weight with a corned beef sandwich and a gigantic piece of cheese cake. smile smile

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
My weight just went up just looking at that sandwich.

Donny, Tony or anyone in their travels thru the Edison NewJersey area, have you ever eaten at Harold’s Deli?

I haven’t but it’s a spot I’d like to go to raise my cholesterol and weight with a corned beef sandwich and a gigantic piece of cheese cake. smile smile

Yes Steve been to Harold's many many times best deli in NJ....
Harolds NY Deli
supersize everything there like no other surprised
watch the slide show here... http://haroldsfamousdeli.com/

YUMMMMY!!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 11:26 AM

When I worked for The Fisherman Magazine we had a staff meeting at Harold's once a month. Fantastic food and great atmosphere.

Chas, you know I'm voting for the big, red wave. smile Wish you could be here to enjoy the steamed crabs - they are so much better than boiled crabs that I had in the deep south.

All the best,

Gary cool (From the right side of the isle) smile

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 01:06 PM

I thought at least one of you folks had been to Harold’s especially you Donny. Supersize is right up my alley! Wow that’s some great looking sandwich!

Gary great deal being able to have meetings there once a month! One of these days when we travel thru Jersey we’ll have to make the stop there.

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 01:54 PM

Donny, is that the FAMILY portion ??? surprised

Steve, I'm going to have to check it out also ...

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 03:39 PM

Donny, is that the FAMILY portion ??? surprised

Steve, I'm going to have to check it out also ...

Tony, Do a you tube search for Harold’s lots of videos that show off the food.

Re: Mornin' mates... - 10/27/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Chas, you know I'm voting for the big, red wave. smile

Gary cool smile

Well let's hope it doesn't turn out to be Red Algae Bloom smile.

chas