Genos vs sd90 comparisson

Posted by: Bachus

Genos vs sd90 comparisson - 10/13/18 01:02 PM

No music in this video
Just an interesting comparisson..

The final conclusion is very surprising...
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Genos vs sd90 comparisson - 10/13/18 01:49 PM

Too much talk I would like to HEAR more playing
thanx for sharing..
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Genos vs sd90 comparisson - 10/14/18 02:56 AM

Personally, I think the presentation was excellent because it was not clouded by subjective preferences of the sounds. Instead, it assumed both has good sounds and styles, and, instead, concentrated on the differences in tools and navigation. I wouldn't use a sampler e,g, if the SD90 had one, but some would. OTOH, I consider editing capability more important, hence the SD90 wins. In the end, since I have a Pa4x, I have a complete gigging machine, like the author said.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Genos vs sd90 comparisson - 10/14/18 05:26 AM

Excellent post, refreshing. Not the same old, same old.

John C.
Posted by: sparky589

Re: Genos vs sd90 comparisson - 10/14/18 10:46 AM

Very informative, practical. Like presenter said, there are tons of sound and style comparisons out there. But if the navigation is too cumbersome or difficult frustration can result. And of course around here you can't go to a music store and find arrangers to compare user friendliness or the lack of it. You buy based on previous experience with brand if you have it, or take a leap of faith that you will become comfortable with use.

I do believe however that a trip to CT provides ability to compare. Great if you live nearby but doesn't help others.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Genos vs sd90 comparisson - 10/14/18 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By Bachus
No music in this video
Just an interesting comparisson..
The final conclusion is very surprising...

Tnx Bacus, nice and informative find.
I like the way he adress the missing features and high price level for a
'unfinished product' to the manufacturers, well, if they see the video.
To be a bit humoristic, if you need sampler, buy Genos, if not, buy Ketron.
If you want both, buy Korg. wink
keys
Posted by: Giovanni

Re: Genos vs sd90 comparisson - 10/14/18 11:53 AM

Thank you Bachus …...a very interesting presentation I've learn't something about the different products . all have slightly different features and benefits ….in my limited experience I've found that no one keyboard / module is the complete package there is always something not quite right or could be improved .

Now if korg made a module of the pa4x ??? that would be very interesting situation ??
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Genos vs sd90 comparisson - 10/14/18 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By Giovanni

Now if korg made a module

Posted by: Torch

Re: Genos vs sd90 comparisson - 10/14/18 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Personally, I think the presentation was excellent because it was not clouded by subjective preferences of the sounds. Instead, it assumed both has good sounds and styles, and, instead, concentrated on the differences in tools and navigation. I wouldn't use a sampler e,g, if the SD90 had one, but some would. OTOH, I consider editing capability more important, hence the SD90 wins. In the end, since I have a Pa4x, I have a complete gigging machine, like the author said.
I agree to what you are saying; it was better that he didn't play at all to get the points he was trying to make. I thought he was making a good case for the need of a sampler. It is for those, say, who are looking for region-specific sounds. I think he mentioned Eastern Europe and Middle East.
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Genos vs sd90 comparisson - 10/17/18 12:52 AM

I couldn’t figure it out. Is this guy happy with either one?
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Genos vs sd90 comparisson - 10/17/18 02:07 AM

My take is that he is happy with both for different reasons, noting the deficiencies and advantages of both, but granted, he didn't make a choice if he could only have one. In mentioning that the Pa4x had it all, I believe he was speaking of purely a gigging machine.