Why did Yamaha release the S975?

Posted by: Dnj

Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/22/18 10:26 AM

Why did Yamaha release the S975? That is the question with the S970 in mind.....

This reminds me of years ago with the Yamaha release of the
PSR2000 then soon after the PSR2100 ......

What are your thoughts to this reasoning by manufacturers
Posted by: jingleman

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/22/18 11:09 AM

Probably more of a marketing decision. Add a few new features to keep sales momentum from the successful 970.

The next incarnation will probably be a much more significant upgrade. More trickle down features from Genos. (hopefully)

jingleman
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/22/18 12:09 PM

Marketing...

They where probably low on stock on the s970 and instead of building another stack of s970, they must have tought lets release a slightly update s970 to sail on the Genos hype.(that was huge at the moment of release)

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/22/18 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By Bachus
Marketing...

They where probably low on stock on the s970 and instead of building another stack of s970, they must have tought lets release a slightly update s970 to sail on the Genos hype.(that was huge at the moment of release)

I agree a parts surplus sell off scenario....
A trickled down MOTL Genos will certainly be a hit in the near future imo.

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/22/18 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Marketing...

I doubt it...

There never was a motl Tyros, was there? Most things, like the keybed, the bigger movable screen, sa2 voices and more never made it to the psr series, did it?
Posted by: TedS

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/22/18 12:48 PM

I think the key added feature is that it supports the Chord Tracker app and the S970 doesn't. Maybe the S970 hardware didn't support the requisite Digital Rights Management? (don't know, just guessing here.) My instinct would be to get a used Tyros or just wait for the next MAJOR upgrade, PSR-S1000 or whatever it will be called.

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/22/18 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Marketing...

I doubt it...

There never was a motl Tyros, was there? Most things, like the keybed, the bigger movable screen, sa2 voices and more never made it to the psr series, did it?

One of us is wrong....let's wait and see shall we? wink
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/22/18 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Why did Yamaha release the S975?

To be honest, I have no idea but assume it is just pure business. confused

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/22/18 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By TedS
I think the key added feature is that it supports the Chord Tracker app and the S970 doesn't. Maybe the S970 hardware didn't support the requisite Digital Rights Management? (don't know, just guessing here.) My instinct would be to get a used Tyros or just wait for the next MAJOR upgrade, PSR-S1000 or whatever it will be called.
i think the key added feature is more user memmory

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/23/18 07:27 AM

A simple USB stick can cure that.. wink
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/23/18 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By Dnj

Not for expansion packs wink

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/23/18 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By Eric, B
Originally Posted By Dnj

Not for expansion packs wink

I was never a fan of expansion packs... smirk
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/23/18 12:58 PM

I have several and love them ...
Posted by: Crossover

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/23/18 05:51 PM

In case of some Roland synthesizers, IMO certain SRX expansions had by far the best sounds of the entire instrument and doubled their value soundwise.
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/24/18 12:26 AM

One thing to remember that there is only a 76 key version of the Genos, and that makes way for a Motl version in the PSR lineup like a PSR1000 ( a bit confusing with the PA1000)or something.

Then again, they may just remove the PSR designation from the MOTL line up like they did the Tyros when they changed to the Genos.

So maybe a new mini-me to the Genos will appear in that section; say a Half-Genos or Genos lite , mini - Genos lol.

I personally doubt they will keep it the same as the existing PSR designation due to the fact of the 1. name change from the Tyros and 2. the part update model instead of a full new model. Yes, they are using up parts because of a bigger change in the MOTL models IMO.

Allan
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: Why did Yamaha release the S975? - 09/24/18 10:48 PM

I see that in S975 supports User Audio Styles like Genos created from Audio Phraser..
Hmmmmm... rolleyes
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_...ml#product-tabs