Questions for Don on SD7 update

Posted by: synerjim

Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/14/18 10:23 AM

Hi Don,
On the latest update,
1) When displaying texts/pdfs under registration, can you still access some the screen-based arranger functions like reintro, fill 1, fill 2 etc or the text obscure them?
2) Can you save in a registration a saved voicetron to arranger setup (ie different harmony on each variation)?
3) Can registration memorized intros now?
Thanks
Posted by: DonM

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/14/18 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By synerjim
Hi Don,
On the latest update,
1) When displaying texts/pdfs under registration, can you still access some the screen-based arranger functions like reintro, fill 1, fill 2 etc or the text obscure them?
2) Can you save in a registration a saved voicetron to arranger setup (ie different harmony on each variation)?
Thanks

1) Yes, the bar to access these features is still at the bottom. If you touch Voice and Variation tab though, of course the lyrics go away to show that screen.
2) I haven't tried this, but I'm almost certain you can. The Registrations store everything that I know of. While everything is stored, the Registration Setup determines what is loaded when you call up a Registration. The Reg Setup Menu does let you elect to load the Voicetron settings, and the Voicetron To Arranger setup, so I'm sure that's what it means.
3) I haven't tried this either so can't answer right now.
Will check it out though.
Posted by: DonM

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/14/18 10:57 AM

You can also use an external monitor, and elect to show the screen exactly as it appears, or choose to show just the lyrics, test, PDF.
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/14/18 12:41 PM

I'll respond within quotes below so others can learn too, although I am not Don..... :-)

Hi Don,
On the latest update,
>>>AJ:- Yes you can. You can actuall select what you want displayed (style view, style voice and variation ... etc) but the basic arranger controls remain below the screen - such as what you have when watching CNN - and a news feed is scrolled at the bottom of the screen, while the top displays the main news of the day!

>>>AJ:- Yes you can. In the VOICETRON screen, you will first have to create a USER Voictron setup where you already assigned different harmoy tyes to Arranger A, B, C and D. Then use this file in your Registration setup.

Thanks
>>>AJ:- Yes it can *Intros and Endings if you choose to start with an Ending*.

Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/14/18 01:12 PM

Not to be redundant, but am I to understand this update includes the SD40, and it is ready for prime time? I have never updated, so will this include 1.1 or do I have to do it separately?
Posted by: synerjim

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/14/18 02:37 PM

Thanks Don and AJ.
AJ, will this update coming also to MidJay Pro?

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/15/18 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Not to be redundant, but am I to understand this update includes the SD40, and it is ready for prime time? I have never updated, so will this include 1.1 or do I have to do it separately?

Bernie .... it started with the SD40 and trickled "up" to the SD7. The SD40's latest update has this HOWEVER ... make sure you do NOT skip any updates. Check your current OS and install the next one up so as not to miss anything. The latest OS does not actually carry the updates the previous ones had ... it just adds!

Thanks,

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/15/18 12:11 AM

Bernie .... it started with the SD40 and trickled "up" to the SD7. The SD40's latest update has this HOWEVER ... make sure you do NOT skip any updates. Check your current OS and install the next one up so as not to miss anything. The latest OS does not actually carry the updates the previous ones had ... it just adds!

Thanks,

Thanks Don and AJ.
AJ, will this update coming also to MidJay Pro?

No unfortunately. Midjay Pro's updates are more player inclined, while SD40/90 are more Arranger inlined ... so you will see more Player/DJ features coming up in consequent Midjay Pro Os ... while more ARRANGER features coming up in SD40/7.

Hope this explains it better?

Thanks,

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/15/18 07:49 AM

Going from 1.0 to 1.1, followed all instructions, clicked on file on USB, "NOT ENOUGH MEMORY". I tried it again on another stick-same message.

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 06:19 AM

anyone ?
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 07:29 AM

anyone ?

Bernie Call or email AJ he will know what to do..good luck

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 08:46 AM

He has been on the forum lately, but will by tomorrow.

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 08:55 AM

He has been on the forum lately, but will by tomorrow.

bernie you got mail.. cool2
Posted by: Sapphire

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 11:02 AM

Bernie,

you say updating from 1.0 to 1.1 but the latest update prior to 1.3.0 was 1.2.2. You cannot update it unless that version has been installed first.
Also, if you have not got the upgraded AJAMsonic SSD drive it maybe that which is your problem. To upgrade you need 550MB of space on your hard drive.
If you have lots of files on a standard Ketron drive, especially Midi and MP3 files you may not have enough room left.
On your SD7 press media then info and see how much space you have left on your drive. If it's less than 550 Mb then you may have to temporarily remove files, perform the update then put the files back.

Hope this helps,

Alan

I have just noticed on the Ketron site that there are other updates that need to be installed before 1.3.0 and all these must be done in order.

Take a look at the Ketron site:- https://www.ketron.it/en/software/content/518-sd7-1/
Posted by: Sapphire

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 11:14 AM

Sorry Bernie,

I have just looked again at this thread and it appears you have an SD40 so please forgive me I have given you wrong informationm.

Alan

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 11:29 AM

Hi Alan,
Thanks for responding. You appear to be spot on. It appears I have only 157 Mb out out 10531 Mb total. I have the AJAMsonic version loaded by AJ. As far as versions are concerned, I thought the order would be 1.0, 1.1. 1.2.2, then 1.3.0. It is 1.1 that I have.

I don't understand it, if this an AJAMsonic drive, less than a year old, and I have added nothing to the main drive. I am in doubt about how and what to move.

This is turning out to be quite a boondoggle.

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 11:36 AM

I must have been typing and missed your latest response, Alan. The fact still remains that I have 1% free. What that means in context to AJAMsonic SD40, I don't know. I appreciate your help, regardless.

Bernie

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 11:50 AM

Hi Alan,
Thanks for responding. You appear to be spot on. It appears I have only 157 Mb out out 10531 Mb total. I have the AJAMsonic version loaded by AJ. As far as versions are concerned, I thought the order would be 1.0, 1.1. 1.2.2, then 1.3.0. It is 1.1 that I have.

I don't understand it, if this an AJAMsonic drive, less than a year old, and I have added nothing to the main drive. I am in doubt about how and what to move.

This is turning out to be quite a boondoggle.

bernie can you just delete and transfer whatever files you never use to an external USB stick to free up space..? then upgrade..

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 11:57 AM

True, but I want to know what space, if any, I need. AJ will straighten it out

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 12:06 PM

True, but I want to know what space, if any, I need. AJ will straighten it out

cool2

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 01:56 PM

Bernnie,

It appears you have duplicate files in your Mp3 folder. Please proceed to delete the last 4 folders in your MP3 folder (these files already exist in the Various folder).

Then install 1.2.2, and once you have that up and running, proceed to install 1.3.0.

Thanks,

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 02:01 PM

Forget 1.01, 1.02, ?

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 02:55 PM

What OS do you currently have in your SD40??

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 02:58 PM

Sorry, I just checked. It is 1.01 7-15-16

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/16/18 08:17 PM

Sorry, I just checked. It is 1.01 7-15-16

In that case, start by installing 1.02...then the next ...until you're caught up.

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/17/18 03:52 AM

I can't find how to delete items in internal drive.

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/17/18 04:15 AM

Never mind
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/17/18 04:53 AM

I can't find how to delete items in internal drive.

I think you can either use pc connect or disk edit.
Both functions come available when you press the media button..
I fdound this one in the last section of the sd9 manual..
Happy to be helpfull..

Personally. I was looking in teh manual for the multi channel audio support..
Which is a very interesting feature..
Cant find anything tough in the manuall
I remember it as being advertised as part of the sd7..so i guess it should also be in the sd9..

Re: Questions for Don on SD7 update - 09/17/18 05:15 AM

Right, once I found "DISK EDIT" I was home free. Thanks. BTW, I loaded the versions sequentially and everything fine AFAIK.